Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I need to replace the power steering pipes on my alfa 1.9 JTD sportwagon 54 reg.
Part number is 50501683 - any ideas of a replacement - I hear you can get all plastic and not metal and plastic which can corrode?

cheers

·
0 Posts
Probably a stealer only option - I ordered mine from Mangolestsi's - no mention of the plastic ones that I am hearing about though

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just left a message with them - I've also got a breaker on the case too.
cheers for the reply.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
i got a replacement pipe for mine from a breakers for £10

its got to be much cheaper than going to the dealers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, a leak from the pipes connected to the reservoir - been quoted £30 from a breakers with a guarantee - I'll let you know how it goes

·
0 Posts
Yeah, a leak from the pipes connected to the reservoir - been quoted £30 from a breakers with a guarantee - I'll let you know how it goes
Good luck :thumbs:

they are alloy but have a coating of rubber/plastic on them

Was your leak from the same place as the OP's? - just interested as mine holed near oine of the brackets

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
they are alloy but have a coating of rubber/plastic on them
If it is just a coating, it must be really thick, because they sound like plastic. Definitely not rubber, they are plastic on the outside. A dealer told me that the alloy ones were replaced by plastic as the alloy rubbed through the connector to the hoses and plastic is softer/not so sharp. They feel like all plastic, but I might be wrong.

Here is the pic of my old alloy silver ones and new, black plastic ones.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee114/gotcha147/Auta zmeska/pipes.jpg

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Was your leak from the same place as the OP's? - just interested as mine holed near oine of the brackets
just seen the pic of the replacement pipe, mine was in a different place, the two sections that run under the rad, it went 1st on the passenger side, patched it up until i could get a replacement then on the drivers side both times less than an inch from the brackets

the leaks seemed to start due to corrosion rather than any rubbing etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alfa 156 Power Steering pipes needed 50501683

Sorry but I have seen this has previously been debated but I could not actually see an answer. I need a new PS pipe as mine is leaking at a pin ***** corrosion hole on the bracket.

Part no. 50501683, annoyingly I only need the lower of the two pipes that come on that part number. The main dealer wants just over £200 inc VAT, I have seen someone else selling at 134 + VAT. Still too much, I see somebody has talked about plastic pipes, are these cheaper?
Greg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts