Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
ATF Dexron II LEV, SAE 10W is the general specification.

From memory you will probably get Dexron III but it surpasses Dexron II and is interchangable AFAIK - should be available anywhere - incl. Halfords. .

(Tutela GI/A is the Alfa recommended brand)

Leaks in the power system are not that unusual.....also reference here about the use of Dexron III.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=35465

·
Registered
665 Posts
sandys said:
picked some up from the garage I no longer sound like a new mini under hard cornering :cool:

seems it only needs about 100ml from min to max.

Hi Sandy,

Slightly off topic but I should take delivery of a GT (54 reg) next week and when I test drove the car, I felt that the steering is very heavy when manuoevering to park the car. His this your impression too ? Or is the jtd engine so heavy cp,mared to the 156 1.8TS that I am used to drive ?

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope never found it heavy myself but I have had the GTA and GT JTD both heavy engines upfront so not sure how a car with a lighter engine would feel, I'd take a guess and say that your car either has worn rubber or running low press ure which will have an effect on the car, dealers are murder for running 30psi to make the car more comfortable.

I have large sticky tyres and the JTD but yesterday I could still turn the wheel lock to lock with no effort when making sure the fluid pumped around, did this one-handed at standstill whilst not really holding the wheel by that I mean open handed palm on wheel doing circular motions and not gripping the wheel.

·
Registered
665 Posts
sandys said:
Nope never found it heavy myself but I have had the GTA and GT JTD both heavy engines upfront so not sure how a car with a lighter engine would feel, I'd take a guess and say that your car either has worn rubber or running low press ure which will have an effect on the car, dealers are murder for running 30psi to make the car more comfortable.

I have large sticky tyres and the JTD but yesterday I could still turn the wheel lock to lock with no effort when making sure the fluid pumped around, did this one-handed at standstill whilst not really holding the wheel by that I mean open handed palm on wheel doing circular motions and not gripping the wheel.

Well, the car is having its 24k service and AR will check. So hopefully, everyhting will be OK when I collect next week but, yes, I noticed that the front tyres are on their way .... I wonder how much for a decent pair of tyres 215/45/R17...

Something else that buges .... Does the GT has a master key (different colour) like the other "older" Alfa's or just a key code ?

Cheers

·
Registered
30,198 Posts
yep, no master keys and the UK main dealers will probably not give you the key code with a new car either!
You can request the code later though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts