Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

i want to replece the power steering fluid(dexron II) it is black and dirty .
how do i do that
is there any special tools that i need like pump or something like that??

i have change the engine oil but without notice i put LM mineral oil 15W40 is this will harm to my car ??

thank you!!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
The information you need on how to replace the power steering fluid can be found on page 6 of this document.

With regards to the mineral oil you've used then if it's the correct ACEA and API specifications (at least API SJ/CF or better AND at least ACEA A3 or better) then it will be OK but but it will break down much quicker then a semi or fully synthetic oil so if I was you I would be inclined to think about changing it again in 3-4000 miles (~6000km) to a 10w40 / 5w40 / 0w40 semi or fully synthetic oil.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well' i think it dont match to what you wrote
its liqui moly -
API SL/CF/CG-4;ACEA A3-04/B4-04/E2-96 ISSUE 5

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
well' i think it dont match to what you wrote
its liqui moly -
API SL/CF/CG-4;ACEA A3-04/B4-04/E2-96 ISSUE 5
An API of SL/CF is better than the Alfa recommended SJ/CF so you're fine with that (the CG-4 just means it's also suitable for diesel engines).

An ACEA of A3 is also fine as it matches the recommended Alfa spec (The B4 means also suitable for diesel cars, the E2 means also suitable for heavy duty diesel engines like lorries).

Therefore, you are fine with the mineral oil you have put in with regards to it's actual specification but I would still change it within 3-4000 miles to be on the safe side because semi or fully synthetic is the preferred type to use in high performance engines.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
... but the specification isn't 15w-40 is it? Although if you are in Israel maybe not a problem, if it was in UK I would be wanting to change to 10w-40 before the winter comes in....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts