Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typical; through the MOT, think "must sort out that drive shaft/CV joint knocking" (found a guy to change it for £30!) and just before we commence this happens.........

ring, ring, "yes", "something just fell off the car and bounced down the road behind me"......pause....."and then the battery light came on and the power steering went"

well, the car got home but I can't find anything missing that's the size of a coffee mug but the red light is on, the pas is as heavy as you like and the alternator belt is slack.

now the question is, is all this inter-related? I suspect that it may be coincidence (i.e. the knocking from the driveshafft is unconnected with this matter)

so the supplementary is, could this be "just" the belt (I haven't tried to remove it or anything) that needs replacing - I guess YES but that whatever it is that was seen in the road also needs replacing - question is - what was it?? Another belt? (for newbies, I am not that technically minded!) - it wasn't a failed CV gaiter.

Help, once again appreciated
James
ps have read most other posts on pas to no avail

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you're spot on - it has broken off actually and I had it replaced today - badly corroded and a sod to get the rest off!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts