Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a while now, i've been experiencing horrific turbo lag until 2k revs when all hell breaks loose then tails off after 3k revs as though the power has gone again.

Following forum suggestions, i've been under the bonnet to look for split hoses and cracked turbo actuator pipes, and couldn't find anything untoward, until that is.. when i thought i'd try disconnecting the MAF to see if that was the issue.

Well, it was already disconnected, seems in the 2 months i've owned it, it's never been connected (since the connector was tucked away behind the battery), So i decided to plug it back in and go for a drive.

Power has re-appeared, feels smoother, and the turbo kicks in just after 1.5k without the sudden explosion of urgency.

I'm happier now, but i have also found out why the bugger was disconnected in the first place. When giving it the beans, at high revs, the EML light pops on, which has only started since the MAF was reconnected.

So, my question is.... Where do i get a new MAF cheap? :(

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
do not what ever you do buy a cheap MAF - make sure it is genuine BOSCH unit and you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
381 Posts
dont but the full maf just replace the sonsor and save money there is a listing on this site with the sensor codes saved nearly £100 pound in my case cheers chaps

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Definately after a Bosch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts