Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2.4 Brera is a great car but I have noticed a couple of issues, at about 2000rpm the car will suddenly pull, not viciously but it is noticeable. Also while driving up a long steep hill today I was in top gear doing about 60mph, I floored the throttle and the car accelerated fine but then the boost gauge started to bounce up and down and it felt as if the engine had a misfire. It only does this under heavy load, drop a gear and there is no problem.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
The MAP was in a pretty poor state, I have just given it a good clean, see how that goes.

This won't really be the maincause of the issue (though it will dampen the engine response), really it indicates that a lot of soot is coming through the EGR!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Gib's, the EGR was blanked off last year when I had Gus do his thing, I should imagin that the manifold is pretty caked up though. Thinking that belts etc will need doing soon so I will get them done along with the swirls flaps and clean out the manifold.
To be honest I have thought about selling her as my usage is very low, just cannot make up my mind.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well I have just given the car a bit of a buzz around, I feel sure that it is going better than it was, the little power boost at <>2000rpm seems to have gone as well, is this possible?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts