Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this is not a new topic, but any help would be great. My 2.0 16v is acting up a bit, recently I got a ram air filter and supersprint exhaust and every thing was running great. I the last couple of days I have noticed the injector light come on and a few time while driving along...no power..just dies and then picks up again. I am a bit concerned as my last alfa 155 2.0 8v did the same thing. It almost feels like fuel starvation. any suggestions

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Could be a Lambda sensor playing up, but I am not sure??? Is your fuel filter still okay?

Good luck
Jacques

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like Lambda (Oxygen sensor), these are the symptoms I had (four times!!).

-driving along sudden hesitation, no power, picks up again.

-problems accelerating away from junctions and roundabouts.......SCARY!! Needs lots of revs.

But as Jacques says, there may be other things at fault, lotsa sensors! I'm told (by Alfa garage)the throttle position sensor and air meter can give similiar problems, mine were always down to the Oxygen Sensor.

wrinx

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out the air temp sensor wiring on the inlet hose. I (think) broke a wire when i fitted a strut brace. Gave same problems as described

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just had the Lambda changed a few weeks ago..emmisson problems, so I do'nt think that is the problem. The latest thing now is when starting in the morning (cold start) the revs shot up to 3000 and wave beteew 3000 and 3500 for a few minutes (feels like hours) that came back to normal.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with Richard S

If the revs are sticking between 3000 - 3500 on a cold start could be the air temp sensor not working and the ECU 'riching it up'

worth a try

Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts