Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I drove to Prescott for the hill climb ,a two hr mostly motorway run , my 07 1.9 diesel as usual ran beautifully cruising at about 80 . On the way home all was well for the first 5 miles or so until I felt a little hesitation while traveling at about 40 mph it only lasted a couple of seconds . Then once on the motorway and up to 70/80 all was well for 20 or so miles then it lost power , no lights on the dash , 1/4 tank of fuel , engine temp Normal but very low turbo boost , it felt like it was out of fuel , I could only manage 55 mph in 4 gear , 5 or 6 and it would slow down unless it was down hill where I managed about 65 only to loose speed on the flat . Throughout this the boost gauge never went above 1/4 . This lasted for about 10 very long miles before it instantly returned to Normal . The last hour or so it ran perfectly again .
Any thoughts ?
Thanks Dave

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Sounds like your car was in limp mode. Any diagnosis on here as to the reason it went into limp mode would be pure guesswork. You need to get the fault codes read to give yourself a starting point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t understand how it would come out of limp mode on its own .
It just did it again and I pulled over turned the engine of and on and normal service was resumed

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
That's what happened to mine....it does happen. Last time was intermittent wiring on my exhaust temp sensor....but lots of things can cause it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will start with a poke around under the hood then probably off to the shop ,
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good Alfa guy in the NW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts