Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 147 JTDm. Very often when I reach about 35mph at around 3500 revs, the acceleration just stops dead and I have to go into 3rd. I haven't noticed this happen in any other gear. Any ideas?

L

·
0 Posts
only in 2nd? hot or cold engine? any engine management lights cominng on?

L

·
0 Posts
sounds like sticking turbo vanes or actuator for the vanes. it msut be there in other gears too.

have you tried disconecting the MAF sensor, located on top of the air box.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Torque and power loss in 2nd gear

There has been a slight loss in power especially in my 2nd and 3rd gears for the last one week. It just happened all of a sudden. I remember something like that happening once many years ago due to a faulty spark plug, but I also recently had all 8 of my spark plugs replaced.

Yesterday, I decided to perform a thorough cleaning of the MAF and air filter. My air filter is the K&N washable type, and it's been a while since I last washed it. This afternoon, I fitted everything back together, performed an ECU and throttle reset, and the problem was gone - managed to restore power to my second and third gears. In fact, the response on all gears has noticeable improved. I suspect it could have been a dirty MAF sensor.

It may be worthwhile trying a clean-up of the MAF sensor with contact cleaner but do be careful when attempting this. The MAF is very sensitive, and damage to this component can be costly. I did it by referring to this article. You could also try washing and reoiling your air filter if it's the washable type. Good luck! :thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts