Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had fuel pump regulator replaced as car felt like it was not getting fuel and code showed up regulator issue but car is still losing power at 2000 sometimes higher at 3000 it isnt as bad as engine management light doesn't come on now nor does it go into limp mode but under acceleration every now and then it will cut out for a split second and then resume , any help would be appreciated as mechanic is stumped as only codes for regulator show up

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
We talking 1.9 jtdm??

If so start with basics like vac hoses,amount of vac from pump,egr valve,throttle flap check and clean. Also vnt mechanism for free movement

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a sneaky suspicion its the egr valve as the car seems to be really sore on fuel and somewhat down on power although i cant confirm the power thing as ive never drove another 159 to compare it

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
EGR dirty?

T map sensor dirty?

Just start going through the bits that clog due to the recirculating of the exhaust and checking for vacuum leaks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just to update , i got the egr valve replaced and car seemed good for a week , driving today management light came on and the code coming up is the fuel regulator problem . car didnt do anything other than go into limp mode which was strange usually it would give a jolt so im guessing the egr fixed that . and the fuel regulator was replaced but it is still giving the code for this any ideas . would the actual ecu be faulty ?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
When you say regulator do you mean the part actually on pump was replaced?
The pressure sensor on end of rail controls regulator operation,Have a check of the wiring. Might be worth changing the pressure sensor as it’s not too expensive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah the fuel pump regulator and the egr valve were replaced and we actually changed the pressure sensor today too it was of a another engine not new he done a injector test today and there was one not as quick to fill the tubes as the others could this be the problem

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Did pressure sensor make any difference?

If you have a dodgy injector it could pull rail pressure down, was injector bench tested of did they go by a diagnostic test of injector deviation?

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
If that was a leak off (or leak back) test the idea is to have a small but even amount of fuel in each...the ones with lots are the faulty ones not the one that's slow to fill.That said excessive leak off usually shows as bad starting a long time before you lose power...in my experience at least.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the replies, ill know better today if the pressure sensor has worked never got to drive much last night, yes it was a leak back test, he said at the time theres no way 3 of the injectors could be faulty when we done it or i would have bigger problems , i have noticed or im assuming that it is really sore on diesel although i have been told they are quite thirsty but in my eyes its really bad

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well just got about a mile and it went into limp mode, p0091 p0092 are the codes again , high and low voltage to the fuel regulator, wiring was checked before and that was all fine ,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts