Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i,m trying to lock the car and disable the interior door handles, but no matter what i do they still seem to open the car. Does the Giulia have this function? tia.

·
Premium Member
3,278 Posts
Have you tried locking the car with window open and try opening the interior door handle from outside? As in with the key away from the car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Aussie Giulia's definitely deadlock. When you click the lock button again you hear a second locking sound (being deadlocks engaging). I found you need to double click the lock button once the car is already locked to activate it. If the car is unlocked, double clicking often does not work. I find it odd that the Aussie RHD would have it and not the UK model

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
My UK car definitely deadlocks. It does it either using the little button on the door handle (single press) as I have keyless entry or by double pressing the remote button. Maybe there's a setting in the locks menu?
With the remote you do need to leave a very slight pause between presses. If you hear it lock once and then another clunk then it's deadlocked.

·
Registered
539 Posts
My UK car definitely deadlocks. It does it either using the little button on the door handle (single press) as I have keyless entry or by double pressing the remote button. Maybe there's a setting in the locks menu?
With the remote you do need to leave a very slight pause between presses. If you hear it lock once and then another clunk then it's deadlocked.
Yep! Mine too, I always leave it locked that way when parked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts