Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When accelerating there is surge of power after 4000rpm. This uneven delivery of power is disconcerting, having to keep the revs up high all the time. Would remapping correct this, delivering a smoother curve, or is this the nature of the 3.2 beast?:confused:

·
Registered
310 Posts
I noticed this on my first GT V6, it was a definite kick past 4kRPM. In my current one, it seems a lot less discernable and smoother. I think the engine has had a remap (less average mpg and faster all through the range)- but have yet to have had this verified!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a look at your photo's. Beautiful. They do the car justice. This reminds continuously why I love my GT (and all the others in the past).

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
here's the recent dyno power run of my 3.2L GT. indeed, you can see the little rise in torque from 4000rpm which coincides with a power hike and the surge you refer to.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL97/467659/22016129/364098353.jpg

i don't find the car lacking at revs below this; it still pulls hard enough for me. sure, more power/torque is always nice. yet i can drive around happily enough without having to rev it out, unless i really want to go hard, for fun.

there would be plenty of scope with a remap. i've been told the 3.2L runs very 'rich' in the high revs. leaning it out more would equate to more power/efficiency. but i don't know what the risk of overheating and detonation/pinging would be. no doubt, a quality tuner will remap according to the altitude you drive at, and ensure there is a good safety margin.

:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gilbertr14, when you decatted your GT, did you have to do anything special and is there an appreciative difference?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts