Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
44,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No longer am I a pothole virgin. I have succumbed to a particularly heinous example which has ripped a hole in the sidewall of my tyre. Thankfully, as far as I could tell in the dark, no damage to the wheel itself.

I found the pothole after and took photos as evidence. They're crap and don't really show anything so I can't be bothered to share. But I used my foot for scale and found that my entire foot could fit in the pothole. That includes depth - my ankle was at road level.

The interesting thing is that this pothole was on a private road owned my Manchester Science Parks leading to a sports centre.

What do you think are the chances of them agreeing to compensate me?

And a supplementary question - I'm going to have to replace both front tyres, as they're about half worn. Reasonable to expect them to pay towards both? Or only the damaged one?

·
Super Moderator
44,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A good result. Spoke to someone from the company which owns the site, no quibble at all they were happy to pay for the replacement tyre.

I thought about the requirement to replace both tyres - and decided that I didn't feel the second tyre should be their responsibility, so I am buying that myself. The result of this is that my tyres are needing to be replaced in about half the time they should - but I am paying half as much to do so. So I've come out pretty much even, which seems fair - I wasn't wanting to make a financial gain out of this, just not be out of pocket.

The only proviso here of course is if I take it to the fitting and find out the alloy is damaged too. But as far as I can tell, it is not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts