Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lads,

Just throwing this out there to gauge if there is any interest in my 916 spider for a project/donor car, nothing definite just yet.

Story is, I was rear-ended a last month. Damage to rear bumper, cracked rear lens and rear panel pushed in. No huge damage but beyond economic repair in the eyes of the insurance company. At this stage I can't countenance sinking any more money, even if it comes from the insurance company, into the car and I think I need a change as well.

Car drives perfectly, showing no ill-effects from the crash apart from a visible gap between the rear bumper and the boot line.

It could be taken on by someone willing to do the repairs themselves with a viewing to running it as a weekend/summer car or selling it off for a profit down the line or alternatively someone could take it on use it as a donor car for a current project.

The car is a '99 Phase 2 Lusso with 94k miles on the clock. Belts were done at 89k miles along with a new alternator, thermostat and pads/discs all around. I had the engine rebuilt at 66k miles due to snapped cambelt so the engine is ~30k miles 'old'. Rear suspension is power-flexed as well. It's also taxed until Jan '13 with an NCT until Sept '12. I would be willing to put the car through the NCT immediately if someone wanted it as a runner for themselves.

I'm just throwing this out to the forum so see if there is any interest. Feel free to PM me if you want more information.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car.... :( Where is your car located (sorry to ask, I should probably know this)...

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
Cork isn't that bad :lol:

Seriously though, glad you're ok hopefully someone will pick her up and keep her on the road.
Methinks George the dragon slayer will also be the Spider slayer!!!

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
It was an Auris that was the Spider Slayer.:cry:
I currently have a lend of an 06 Avensis and it makes a 97 Nissan Primera feel like a driver's car!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ye could share it. George could take the hood motors/wind deflector, you could take the interior, ye could share the engine parts and possibly fight over the power-flexed back end. Standard Lusso rims though no teledials. But at least someone would have a second set of 916 rims to stick winter tyres on if they wanted.

George I'm away for the weekend so I'll send on a few photos on Monday. Cathal if you want a look-see just PM me.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Ye could share it. George could take the hood motors/wind deflector, you could take the interior, ye could share the engine parts and possibly fight over the power-flexed back end. Standard Lusso rims though no teledials. But at least someone would have a second set of 916 rims to stick winter tyres on if they wanted.

George I'm away for the weekend so I'll send on a few photos on Monday. Cathal if you want a look-see just PM me.
Sound..!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Interested in a few pics of this when you get a chance. Would you put a ballpark on it as well? Have been toying with picking up a Spider for a while.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just after getting back to this thread now.

D15 terror- I'll PM you a few pictures in the next day or so.

Time is moving on and my Alfa days are drawing to a end, for a while anyway.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts