Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Going to replace the current daily driver probably for a Brera in the near future. Always liked the shape and Alfa history / emotion. Prefer the 3.2 (open to other opinions).

Question is where do I look for those buying tips from you experts for the model as opposed to general buying tips ?

Not really after this for outright performance as have another vehicle just over 400bhp/tonne(daily driver in the 200's) for those real bursts of acceleration and taking to the track, but after a good looking GT type cruiser.

Would be interested in hearing those slightly unusual "did you knows" about the car that perhaps aren't obvious e.g. hidden cubby holes.

Thanks to all those that bother to reply ahead, I know from other forums that it takes time and effort ! :)

N

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AO! :D

I'd wait for the new 1750TBi before settling on the V6 if
outright performance isn't at the top of the list.

;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replies.

Have been reading very many posts and wondering if any one of the Brera experts had put together a post worthy of a sticky with apparent items to look out for, can't find one for looking.

Of course if I take the plunge I may end up doing one myself.

Will have a hunt around on that engine Nev, suspect the sound will be a tad different ;)

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Welcome to AO and if you're not too bothered about performance then the Brera seems an awesome car. The only negative thing I've heard about it is the lack of oomph and excessive weight. Good luck :thumbs:

N

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AO and if you're not too bothered about performance then the Brera seems an awesome car. The only negative thing I've heard about it is the lack of oomph and excessive weight. Good luck :thumbs:
Instead of parroting things "you've heard" it
might be fun to go book a testdrive and check
it out for yourself.

You might be surprised and want to PX
your toy car MiTo for one.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Instead of parroting things "you've heard" it
might be fun to go book a testdrive and check
it out for yourself.

You might be surprised and want to PX
your toy car MiTo for one.
Wow, are you joking mate? Think you might've over-reacted a tad.

K

·
0 Posts
Hi all,

Going to replace the current daily driver probably for a Brera in the near future. Always liked the shape and Alfa history / emotion. Prefer the 3.2 (open to other opinions).

Thanks to all those that bother to reply ahead, I know from other forums that it takes time and effort ! :)
Hello Ricard. :)

Here's a thread which lists some of the potential Brera issues.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...0-brera-v-tt-advice-please-2.html#post3171993

I'd seriously test drive a few variants so you can judge for yourself whether it's underpowered or not. It's a competent GT, and a very stylish, comfortable one at that.

A lot of guys on here have had their 2.2 petrol and 2.4 diesels re-mapped and in general, have been very happy with them. The 3.2 has plenty of grunt, a great soundtrack but likes a drink.

One with a Skyview glass roof may be to your liking. The massive glass panel let's in a lot of light. Gives the cabin a nice feel.

Depending on budget, the 1750tbi may make a good compromise in regards to performance/fuel costs.

Good luck. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the mix of entertaining and informative replies.

Kalel appreciate it !

A couple of test drives needed then, looking around not a widely available colour choice at the moment, still no massive hurry just yet :) you know how that goes with test driving cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts