Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Post Lease options

Tags
lease post
828 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  cas 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have a Spider that's now a year and a half old. I got this on lease through FGA (formerly Fiat finance). My lease is 3 years. I know there's still a year and a half to go but I'm starting to think about what my options are when this is up. has anyone got any experience with FGA and what they may offer. For example, could I but the car outright and what sort of price would they give me (based on the car being about £30k new). Also, would they let me finance the car? Will they not do anything and just ask for the car back? Just trying to gauge what they are like I guess, none of this is discussed in any of the paperwork.

Thanks in advance.
Keith.

#2 ·
Keith, near the end of the lease you should be able to request a price from them for the car, they'll need to know the mileage at this point (obviously). Then it's up to you if you give the car back or work out some finance somehow for buying the car. I'd got to a bank or loan company for this loan. As to the price they'd quote you, normally it would be a competative value for the car in terms of age and mileage ... no idea what that will mean in a 18mnths time tho.

#4 ·
My last lease was offered to me for £14500, which was over the odds by about a grand, I declined and went for another lease but googled my old cars reg and found it up for sale at a non alfa dealer for £12995 (presumably the dealers making a few quid off it - sold straight away as well), which i would have paid for it.
Seems a bit daft to sell/ auction it for a lot less than i would have paid for it and they could also have avoided collection fees etc. Very odd.

#5 ·
I've heard before lease companies don't give you a low price as what they really want is for you to not buy it and to take out a new lease with them on a new car. The few times I've asked about a price in the past I've always been disappointed at how high it was. I could have got a lower mileage higher spec car for the price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.