Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While sitting at home playing with my new toys I started to think about my 156. I have an exhaust system, manifold back from an earlier TS. I checked part numbers and believe that the system will go on my JTS. The idea is that I will put this system on to a)preserve the twin cat manifold and b) maybe it might just add a couple of horses.
My question is, do you think its worthwhile and what will I need to do with the ECU if anything to make sure it works OK.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Not entirely certain I understand what you are trying to do, but if the system off your earlier 156 is off a CF3 car - which has the twin-cat downpipe, and small under-car cat, then you can probably use it. If the system is off a CF2, then no, you can't - at least without changing the manifold and getting a host of issues with EML lights, etc....

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not entirely certain I understand what you are trying to do, but if the system off your earlier 156 is off a CF3 car - which has the twin-cat downpipe, and small under-car cat, then you can probably use it. If the system is off a CF2, then no, you can't - at least without changing the manifold and getting a host of issues with EML lights, etc....
Perhaps without knowing it you have hit the nail on the head. The spare system I have is one without the cats on the manifold. So remove the original manifold, replace with cat free manifold and use one cat, maybe or just run without one at all. The problem I see is as you say a host of EML problems littering the place. So do you think that these can be written of of the ECU or can something be put in place, resisters/diodes to kid the system that all is well?

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
Not sure what you can do about EML problems....but I reckon your main problem would be an automatic MOT fail without the cats......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts