Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this seems vague.

I bought a new 2.0 JTD Giulietta in July 2018 and took it for its first service last week. I live in France and the car was supplied through my nearest AR franchise in Angers 50km away.

As my franchise dealer has already demonstrated their uselessness, I took the car to a local garage for the oil and filter change. They have the equipment to interrogate faults on my Boxster and previous car that I have owned, but on Saturday they said that since 2018 they are not able to clear the service codes.

My immediate thought was some change in EU regs, but there have not been any.

My French is far from perfect, so does anyone know what it is they are referring to?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Google for OBD2 and multi ecuscan. For less than €50 you can do that and a lot more...
Thanks for that. I am sure the garage has the multiecuscan type software. They have always worked on previous cars.

Are you saying that the OBD2 is an updated connection adapter that he needs? Specifically he mentioned 2018 - would that be when a new type of adapter came in?

I can see that the adapter is available quite cheaply on EBay.fr

https://www.ebay.fr/i/333238557644?...uhYvJ8JkZ9-OMwgXYydP3q2Oq_3f7ECEaAurJEALw_wcB

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
if he has multi ecuscan, he may need a software update for your new(er) ECU.

Give me a couple of days to check what "my guy" is using. Not multi ecuscan and about €500.....

ohhh almost forgot: in about 500kms the flashing will go away by itself.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts