Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As per the thread title I am considering changing the MiTo for a Giulietta QV, depending on what the MiTo is actually worth. Due to the mods I don't think many places would take it part exchange, and any that would probably won't give me a lot for it. I'm looking for some idea of its value privately, also if anyone would be interested in it?

It's a 10 plate Lusso 135bhp MultiAir, 56,000 miles in Etna Black with heated seats.

Modifications include:

Full stainless steel "Wizard" turbo back exhaust.
Autolusso remap (unsure of power output due to not being able to dyno it in Dynamic but getting ~150bhp in N which is unmapped).
Lowered 30mm on Eibach springs.
Bilstein B8 shocks all round.
Lenso Samurai 17" Matt black alloys.
Rear diffuser (still have original)
Blow off valve spacer (easily removed)
Red painted brake calipers.
Pioneer CarPlay headunit with small sub in boot (still have original radio)
Auto opening boot mod
K&N panel filter

Small cosmetic mods:
Plastidipped headlight surrounds (front & rear, easily removed)
Smoked side indicators

2 reasonably new Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2s on front, Kumho Ecsta le Sport KU39 on rear.
Serviced at 18k, 34k, ~44k and being serviced next week at 56k

Had an upgraded MultiAir unit fitted last year
Had a replacement steering column in 2014 with uprated parts and lifetime guarantee.

Issues
Small areas of clearcoat have flaked off, just under window trim on both doors as well as on rear wheel arch (will get photos)
Creaking from front driver side suspension when going from forward to reverse (so far the garage have been unable to find anything wrong with suspension but I'm hoping its rectified when it's in for service next week)

Oil has been changed every 6 months and it's only run on V-Power since remap.

So, any ideas on what it may be worth?

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only parts I could actually remove are the diffuser, blow off valve and head unit.

The original exhaust was done and the shocks were on the way out, the original cat was faulty too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Blow off valve

As per the thread title I am considering changing the MiTo for a Giulietta QV, depending on what the MiTo is actually worth. Due to the mods I don't think many places would take it part exchange, and any that would probably won't give me a lot for it. I'm looking for some idea of its value privately, also if anyone would be interested in it?

It's a 10 plate Lusso 135bhp MultiAir, 56,000 miles in Etna Black with heated seats.

Modifications include:

Full stainless steel "Wizard" turbo back exhaust.
Autolusso remap (unsure of power output due to not being able to dyno it in Dynamic but getting ~150bhp in N which is unmapped).
Lowered 30mm on Eibach springs.
Bilstein B8 shocks all round.
Lenso Samurai 17" Matt black alloys.
Rear diffuser (still have original)
Blow off valve spacer (easily removed)
Red painted brake calipers.
Pioneer CarPlay headunit with small sub in boot (still have original radio)
Auto opening boot mod
K&N panel filter

Small cosmetic mods:
Plastidipped headlight surrounds (front & rear, easily removed)
Smoked side indicators

2 reasonably new Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2s on front, Kumho Ecsta le Sport KU39 on rear.
Serviced at 18k, 34k, ~44k and being serviced next week at 56k

Had an upgraded MultiAir unit fitted last year
Had a replacement steering column in 2014 with uprated parts and lifetime guarantee.

Issues
Small areas of clearcoat have flaked off, just under window trim on both doors as well as on rear wheel arch (will get photos)
Creaking from front driver side suspension when going from forward to reverse (so far the garage have been unable to find anything wrong with suspension but I'm hoping its rectified when it's in for service next week)

Oil has been changed every 6 months and it's only run on V-Power since remap.

So, any ideas on what it may be worth?

About the blow off valve,
Which one did you use and how did it sound like??

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a Forge Motorsport one. It sounds good, only makes a noise when you're accelerating fairly hard rather than all the time.

I'm willing to sell if you're interested? It's an easy fit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So

It's a Forge Motorsport one. It sounds good, only makes a noise when you're accelerating fairly hard rather than all the time.

I'm willing to sell if you're interested? It's an easy fit.

I don't know much about the blow off valves.
But can the blow off valves cause any problems on a car's engine etc?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't say for definite but I don't think it does. As far as I know it already has a blow off value but it directs the gas down the exhaust, with this spacer it lets some of it out in the engine bay so you can hear it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it's just had discs and pads all round at the service, which wasn't the cheap.

The suspension noise seems to have been sorted though.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, how easy is "easy" to fit the blow off valve?
What price were you thinking?
It's genuinely easy, it's easy to get to where its fitted and it's only 3 bolts holding it on.

You take the existing blow off valve off, stick this adapter into the back of of it and bolt it back on with the included longer bolts. Il take a photo of the location if it stops raining.

I was thinking £40.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can't seem to pm u, is £40 the best best u can do? I presume this gives the 'psssh' sound, and doesn't cause any issues or errors when fitted. Regards Mark

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can't seem to pm u, is £40 the best best u can do? I presume this gives the 'psssh' sound, and doesn't cause any issues or errors when fitted. Regards Mark
£40 including first class postage? It does indeed give you the psssh noise, only when driving it a bit harder as well so you don't get it when driving around town.

How much would you sell the diffuser for?
£75. It's a bit big to post though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts