Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i have another question, now i have had a search for backboxes with links coming up for ones like eb spares, etc. now my question has anyone fitted the likes of a universal backbox e.g £90 thing. had a look at the pipe assuming u would have to cut it at the back of the original backbow the pipe has a flat bit on it, hmmm... i dont know. ideas?

S

·
0 Posts
I bought a euroflow backbox for £80 + £20 P&P off ebay. Only thing is I needed the ring, which had to be ordered from Alfa and arrived from Italy, and new bracket rubbers. Probably worth asking the seller if they have a fitting kit.
Bolted straight on, sealed it up at the join. Quietest car I've ever had at idle / low revs, but a lovely note from about 3000 RPM onwards.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Custom places could supply and fit for that price. My last gtg had a rear section replaced. The guy did away with the larger box and fitted a similar small box all for 110

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
My entire stainless system was only £230.
But in answer to your question you can fit an aftermarket one, but as it says in the Argos catolouge (I kid you not) some welding may be required

S

·
0 Posts
Sorry I misread. The one I was talking about earlier in the thread was an actual Alfa GTV exhaust, not an Argos universal backbox much loved by Corsa driving youths. The type that rumbles all the houses on idle. :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts