Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just testing the water at present to see if I gauge any interest as I may be tempted to part with my GT due to a very nice 159 Ti that 'RS 159 ti' is selling. I say 'may' as I absolutely love the GT, in fact it is the perfect car for me but with Ryan's 159 Ti being priced so well and a baby on the way anyday now to add to a 'growing' 12 year old lad the extra space in the 159 is making it a difficult package to resist. I also think that 8c aside the Ti is the best looking Alfa available

I purchased the GT from Mangoletsi just a couple of months back so it still has 10 months warranty, tax and MOT. It is the classic Alfa combination of red with black leather and is in lovely condition. It's an 05 plate, had done 56k, fsh (inc cambelt), 18" alloys, parrot bluetooth kit (brand new), Bose, GT mats, CD changer. Only has one key at present but Mangos have one on order for me under the warranty

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Oh looking for £10,750 if I do let it go

Edit - It has an Autodelta induction kit to add to the sound/experience

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The GT is going to have to go sadly

Struggled for space with the baby, wife, 11 year old and mother in law when coming back from the hospital on Monday

I have one fella interested already so get in there quickly

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Best of luck with sale mate what millage is the GT on?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Best of luck with sale mate what millage is the GT on?
He says it's on 56k.

Good luck with the sale fella, it sounds like a lovely example!

I'm in a similar position at the moment - wondering about selling on my V6 GT so I'll watch this with interest.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He says it's on 56k.

Good luck with the sale fella, it sounds like a lovely example!

I'm in a similar position at the moment - wondering about selling on my V6 GT so I'll watch this with interest.
Thanks. When I get time (and I'm not so knackered!!!) I'll have to go out and clean it and get some pics up on Pistonheads. I will keep you posted

Yep 56k...a mere baby for such an engine

·
Registered
573 Posts
Lets talk GT sale stuff

A few pics (taken by my lad) on the following ad: -

I'm looking for a GT. So I think we need a conversation soon. I am about to make a decision on a car I am looking at. I'll email you

Somejohn
That might include you too if you want to give some details of the car.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi Minerva,

You can see a pretty good amount of details about my car on my thread here:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/203382-3-2-v6-gt-how-much-is-it-worth.html

I wouldn't want to step on Graham P's toes here though.

I'm still in two minds about selling it at all. I've got it booked in for a service at the beginning of next week so if I am going to sell it, it'll be after that so that it's freshly serviced/taxed/etc. Do feel free to get in touch if you're interested though.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wouldn't want to step on Graham P's toes here though.
No problem there John. People tend to go for the exact colour they want anyhow so we can have a black v red competition :lol:

I remember reading your thread and thinking how great a car yours sounds. Black is my next favourite colour for a GT...and with tan leather. Sounds a beauty

·
Registered
573 Posts
GT buyer

Hi Minerva,

You can see a pretty good amount of details about my car on my thread here:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/203382-3-2-v6-gt-how-much-is-it-worth.html

Description is very good Somejohn. The colour combo sounds nice even though I would not have gone for black. Cream interior would set it off well though.
Had a good chat with Graham - thanks. It sounds good too. I'd probably see his first. I've had two red Alfa's which still work for me. Got bored with silvers though.
Thanks for the responses.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had a good chat with Graham - thanks.
Just to keep you updated Andrew. The other fella who is interested in mine contacted me last night and wants to have a quick chat with Mangoletsi about the warranty, service history etc so I have just e-mailed them to see if that is ok. I'll keep you updated as to not waste anyones time

·
Registered
573 Posts
Many thanks Graham for your assistance and emails. I'm not opening my thought to all yet chaps. As things develop I'll let you know. Suffice to say I've had some interesting chats. Some of it very surprising.
Somejohn, thanks but I think I'm sold on Red. Flash g** I know!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took the GT to the shops yesterday to do a weekly shop with baby and wife in tow and the wife said 'why are you getting rid of this again? It's easily the best looking car you have had'. I'm now starting to wonder myself and we all fitted in quite nicely and the boot swallowed up tons of shopping

·
Registered
573 Posts
Took the GT to the shops yesterday to do a weekly shop with baby and wife in tow and the wife said 'why are you getting rid of this again? It's easily the best looking car you have had'. I'm now starting to wonder myself and we all fitted in quite nicely and the boot swallowed up tons of shopping
Keep it. After all you encouraged me to buy, which I finally did!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Gt finally purchased

Which one did you go for and more importantly have you got it yet?
Bought the Buzz Alfa car. Red/tan. 38k miles. 18ins. Wheels will be refurbed, but no autochanger/sat/nav. (shame but not the end of the world). Not cheap at £10660. Having Q2 fitted before collection (extra) . The history files finally did it + the assurances of meaningful warranty. Its had extensive cam service with water pump , tensioners auxiliary belt etc, new alternator belt/brackets , pads all round, and things I can't remember now. It came to about £1650.00 at 34k!!!!! Its also been a demonstrator twice + 1 owner. It seems tight - well see. They agreed to remove the light stone chips to the front, plus service and tracking. So I'll borrow a car for a few days and pick up next week after the work is done. Went back for another look and it hit me when I opened the door - that tan interior is gorgeous. Really lifts the inside. Much relief now its done.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice one. Don't worry the satnav/phone is pretty rubbish anyhow. Better to get a Parrot Bluetooth kit fitted and use your own satnav. Enjoy it. Let me know how you find it after a few blasts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Well graham have you made your mind up yet:)
I'm absolutely loving my GT! It's just what I thought it would be like and better, and like you at, in rosso red, easily the nicest looking car I've ever owned:)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think I'll hold onto it until at least the summer I reckon. I might keep it up for sale on pistonheads but not overly push to sell it. Obviously if someone comes up with the asking price then I'll let it go. The baby is in the front at the moment so it's no hassle but I'll see how it goes once I have to start stretching to put her in the back seats. I know I'll have to replace it eventually but there is no rush.

I was actually looking at the 147 Ducati Corse today. 0-60 in 8 seconds isn't bad but I can imagine it will be very quick with a few Mangos mods. The 159 Ti or 3.2 V6 Lusso is probably going to be the best replacement for me though.

How you finding all that torque? It's a bit addictive isn't it? Is yours Q2'd? You got any pics? Of the car not you :lol:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts