Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

hoping you can help. I have an issue where the rear left hand light stays illuminated but very dim after turning off the engine and locking the car.

after having a look around the forum I believe this could be a faulty Rev counter?

on the display when i dont have my lights on i have a bulb warning light, when i have lights on this isnt illuminated until i press the brake pedal (both brake lights are fine).

So if it is the rev counter issue how hard is it to resolder?

Or failing that if i get a replacement does it matter which colour aslong as its for my model?

car is a 2001 156 2.4 JTD SW.

also id anybody has one spare for sale and wouldnt mind posting to spain i would be interested in purchasing it.

TIA

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
A Rev counter from another 156 with the same engine will be needed just so the red line is at the correct place. Don't really want to be putting in a V6's rev counter in it with a 7,000rpm red line for your diesel now.

Sedan or Wagon should be fine. There were some different colour of the background. From black, to silver and then some went back to black again for the final facelift.

I think you can repair them, depending on your skills. There is bound to be something on the forums about it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi all,

hoping you can help. I have an issue where the rear left hand light stays illuminated but very dim after turning off the engine and locking the car.

after having a look around the forum I believe this could be a faulty Rev counter?

on the display when i dont have my lights on i have a bulb warning light, when i have lights on this isnt illuminated until i press the brake pedal (both brake lights are fine).

So if it is the rev counter issue how hard is it to resolder?

Or failing that if i get a replacement does it matter which colour aslong as its for my model?

car is a 2001 156 2.4 JTD SW.

also id anybody has one spare for sale and wouldnt mind posting to spain i would be interested in purchasing it.

TIA
It is definitely the rev counter. I didn't believe it when we had the same problem with an 156 but it is indeed. The thing is that the rev counter was performing perfectly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses, i will have to check out the local scrap yards. luckily they are a popular sight on the roads out here so fingers crossed i should be able to find one.

i suppose its a good excuse to pick up a few other bits as i have been needing to go anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.