Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reading all over about oil pump failure on 2.4 JTDm 20V:confused:. Have anyone changed it preventive and at which mileage(km)?
Why that happens anyway?:confused:

·
Registered
30,200 Posts
Are you sure you don't mean water pump?

Plenty of water pump failures on 16v/20v JTD.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure you don't mean water pump?

Plenty of water pump failures on 16v/20v JTD.
No! Oil pump!

But also I don't understand such poor quality and/or design mistake in water pump as well. Very much unbeliveable in both cases. Pumps cracks in other cars, but so often and so soon,... I red something like 60 000 km for water pump, and ca 300 000 km for oil pump.!?

Let me tell You that I'm doing around 65-70 000 km per year! I bought used 156 JTD 20V at 120 000 and I'm so much afraid.

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
No! Oil pump!

But also I don't understand such poor quality and/or design mistake in water pump as well. Very much unbeliveable in both cases. Pumps cracks in other cars, but so often and so soon,... I red something like 60 000 km for water pump, and ca 300 000 km for oil pump.!?

Let me tell You that I'm doing around 65-70 000 km per year! I bought used 156 JTD 20V at 120 000 and I'm so much afraid.
ive read so many threads on this forum and i probably never seen any threads saying oil pump failure on jtd.......where you see this info???????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts