Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speeking to my local dealer and he said that the mito GTA has been scraped, and what is more likely would be a mito arbarth.

he said expect to hear mid next year (2012) as alfa will need to come up with something fresh, so he said

i personaly like the sound of a mito arbarth!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
merdian melano portsmouth

he didnt say it was happening, just what he thought, as he was told the mito gta was not happening

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Abarth's long history been built on making fast Fiats? Surely if there was to be a superfast Mito it would be a GTA or Gold Cloverleaf??

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
No chance of an Alfa being branded Arbath....that's like BMW branding an sporty BMW as a 'Cooper Works.' !

All Arbath is below AR, as all mini's sit below BMW.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
30k for a dull german car like that. who would in their right mind?

hopefully they do bring out a mito gta or something like that.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
30k for a dull german car like that. who would in their right mind?

hopefully they do bring out a mito gta or something like that.
30k is before any options! Eeek.

·
Registered
339 Posts
No chance of an Alfa being branded Arbath....that's like BMW branding an sporty BMW as a 'Cooper Works.' !

All Arbath is below AR, as all mini's sit below BMW.
That's the kind of arrogant statement i'd expect from a BMW owner, not an AR owner!! I'm hoping there was some sarcasm going on there somewhere.. :rolleyes:

Historically, Abarth was an independent tuner much the same as Cosworth, until it got absorbed into FIAT in the 60s.

The problem i see with Abarth tuning Alfas is branding crossover between GTA, Cloverleaf and Abarth. Where does it sit? What's the design intent? What's the target market?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I can't see the bad side of this, Fast New Alfa's is what everyones been crying out for :confused:

M

·
0 Posts
That's the kind of arrogant statement i'd expect from a BMW owner, not an AR owner!! I'm hoping there was some sarcasm going on there somewhere.. :rolleyes:

Historically, Abarth was an independent tuner much the same as Cosworth, until it got absorbed into FIAT in the 60s.

The problem i see with Abarth tuning Alfas is branding crossover between GTA, Cloverleaf and Abarth. Where does it sit? What's the design intent? What's the target market?
I think you Mis-read his statement. He was saying that an alfa cannot be an abarth as it is already a better badge so no point in doing so.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Seems odd to me too. Alfa have no direct historical connection with Abarth that I am aware of. It would be a bit like a Mercedes badged Alpina.......... nah, that's just not right :tut:

But, Abarth is meant to be a separate company (ie they are not supposed to be seen as just rebadged Fiats) and given AR are actually a part of the Fiat empire.......and Porsche have in the past helped Seat tune their cars who knows?

In any event, a faster MiTo whatever's on the badge, now that sounds good to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts