Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argh! Stop beeping at me you sodding car! I know that it's cold outside, because I just spent ten minutes scraping the frost off my windows. I don't need to be warned when I get set to drive to work that there may be ice on the road, because my freezing cold hands are just one of many indicators that it is a bit nippy out.

Instead of beeping and warning me like some sort of simpleton, how about your heated seats just work for a change?

Bloody Alfas!!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only the beeps for the window switches, menu buttons etc - you can't disable the warning beeps :rant:

·
Administrator
45,534 Posts
Really? Can on my 156. :p

That might not have been so helpful. :eek:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No not really :p

Where's the beeper and I'll disable it with a screwdriver!

Doesn't help that my girlfriend is now paranoid about that beep ever since our crank sensor nightmare over Christmas, where the Motor Control System Failure beep kept going off - exactly the same as the Ice beep but with more sinister consequences!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Warning on start up - no other time unless the temperature increases above the threshold and then drops again.

Another Alfa 'design feature' bespoked to the end user....

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
i hate it when the beep goes off, its always a sudden panic that something has gone wrong :lol: usually it is followed by another few beeps to tell me none of the lights are working when they quite clearly are :rolleyes: :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
1. fix your heated seats.
2. I can turn mine off inboth GTA and JTD
3. Pretty sure you can turn the beep off in the menu on the 147 too.

;)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The beep is definitely disabled in the menu - otherwise it would beep every time I use the menu button on the wiper stalk, etc. You can't disable the Ice warning beep :rant:

The heated seats work when they feel like working - but that's another rant altogether!

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Argh! Stop beeping at me you sodding car! I know that it's cold outside, because I just spent ten minutes scraping the frost off my windows. I don't need to be warned when I get set to drive to work that there may be ice on the road, because my freezing cold hands are just one of many indicators that it is a bit nippy out.

Instead of beeping and warning me like some sort of simpleton, how about your heated seats just work for a change?

Bloody Alfas!!
:lol:

They do go on a bit. Mind you my VW was no better that was usually telling me there was a fault :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
My courtesy Mito doesn't beep when it tells me theres ice on road,
But my actual Mito does beep, so must be a way to turn it on/off!

C

·
0 Posts
My MiTo has never beeped when the message comes up; mind you I do tend to have the stereo cranked up (Real Radio XS for those lovers of classic rock).

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
My Brera doesn't beep and the GT didn't beep either, GT interior and wiring based on the on the 147 so I'm clueless :)

It must be on one of the Menu's :D

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
The beep is definitely disabled in the menu - otherwise it would beep every time I use the menu button on the wiper stalk, etc. You can't disable the Ice warning beep :rant:

The heated seats work when they feel like working - but that's another rant altogether!
147 heated seats are gash, the Brera is far better, just look what you ave to look forward to hen you upgrade :D

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
My Brera doesn't beep and the GT didn't beep either, GT interior and wiring based on the on the 147 so I'm clueless :)

It must be on one of the Menu's :D
GT (well at least mine does) has a an option to switch beeps on and off. Everything even altering my door mirrors beeps at me.
Cobol Man, I can listen to Real XS and love classic rock but Sweeney is a pillock so I listen to old fashioned CD's.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
This is very annoying, coupled with a MCSF error beep (lambda error, I know about it, shut up! :rant: ) - does my head in :banghead:

If there is an option to silence it, the method would be appreciated, I've turned off window etc beeps through the menu, but can't find any other options...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts