Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Looks like a good forum for info. I am considering buying a year 2000, 2.0 ts 156 with 80,000 miles with fsh price around 2K. Having read all the reviews I can find I am starting to wonder if I am throwing my money away on a car that will plague me with problems and possibly a long marriage as it might be hard to re-sell? I love the looks and really fancy one but what do u guys think?

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Its a hell of a lot of car for two grand. Drive it and if its a good 'un, you'll buy it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but are all the horror stories true or there good ones out there and what is likely to give trouble at that mileage? I just want to know what to expect. I know the price is ok but its not if I have to spend lots to keep it going?

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
The belts and tensioners should be changed every 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first, so it should be on to its third set by now.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and welcome along !! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys,

Just looked at the car and it drives fantastic! I can see why u guys like these so much. One niggle........the airbag lights ars on all the time, a red and yellow one. The guys says this happened after the battery was flat and the car was bumped? What do u think and is it expensive to fix?

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
The airbag ECU can be reset relatively cheaply... or it may be knackered altogether.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts