Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
think i have an injector issue,
i recently cleaned my egr and map sensor, done ecu reset, found a but of blow by on number 3 injector. whipped them out to clean and now my number 3 injector is clattering. very different sound when using a screwdriver as a steffascope, also when idling my car will sometimes start to missfire for about 10 seconds then ok again then miss etc, its fine when the throttle is opened,

also i've noticed that when using cruise cont the car seems to be accel then decell then accel more noticably than the smooth cruise it was before,

any help? adam

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just ran around the body with a wire brush, didn't touch tip as it was clean. plug is good. nope didn't replace washers but have ordered some, also you can hear a noise on the supply pipe like a tuning fork, if you hold the pipe it stops,

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
just ran around the body with a wire brush, didn't touch tip as it was clean. plug is good. nope didn't replace washers but have ordered some, also you can hear a noise on the supply pipe like a tuning fork, if you hold the pipe it stops,
well you did nowt to affect cleaning of injector ......replace copper washers and tighten connections on pipes and make sure connections on plugs are sound ..move plug/wiring to see if note changes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts