Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would put this up as it does not all have to be doom and gloom with Alfa.
Had a good week with the 156 Sele. Thanks to Iainfm who I met through the AO forum so thanks to the forum.
Just normal maintenance that has gone well and has brought no (Kwik fit) surprises.
We ( I did help:) )fitted new brake pads in the week and today Iainfm fitted my new cambelt and balance belt kits ( the whole lot). Both jobs went very smoothly and it was a pleasant surprise to find the Sele has been well looked after. Engine very clean inside and no bottched up jobs found when dismantling.
So big thanks to Iainfm and to AO as would not have met one without the other.
All that needs to be done now is fill my Bella Sele:thumbs: up with petrol from the £200 or so I have saved on the work and go out and drive, which is THE reason for owning an Alfa.
Mike

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
great to hear it. Alfas seem to be very sensitive to how they have been looked after - my first 166 had been neglected, and was terrible, my current one has been very carefully maintained, and has been excellent.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could not agree more after seeing the difference in maintenance between my two 156's.
My father used to say "treat em like a lady" :cool:

Funnily enough I was speaking to a mechanic on Friday at the auctions in Kinross and we got around to talking Alfa ( as I usually do). He said they got far too many in for repair that had just been neglected.Too many owners believe you can treat the Alfas like you treat a vauxhall or a ford but you just can not he said. They are a special car and need special treatment, just oil changes on time, correct maintenance on time makes a world of difference to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts