Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would put this up as it does not all have to be doom and gloom with Alfa.
Had a good week with the 156 Sele. Thanks to Iainfm who I met through the AO forum so thanks to the forum.
Just normal maintenance that has gone well and has brought no (Kwik fit) surprises.
We ( I did help:) )fitted new brake pads in the week and today Iainfm fitted my new cambelt and balance belt kits ( the whole lot). Both jobs went very smoothly and it was a pleasant surprise to find the Sele has been well looked after. Engine very clean inside and no bottched up jobs found when dismantling.
So big thanks to Iainfm and to AO as would not have met one without the other.
All that needs to be done now is fill my Bella Sele:thumbs: up with petrol from the £200 or so I have saved on the work and go out and drive, which is THEreason for owning an Alfa.
Mike

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
nice to see a happy thread for once i was only talking to a guy of ao the other day and we agreed that the only thing you read is doom and gloom i am also very happy with my car the looks power handling spot on
we should have a happy section on ao instead of broken cam belts and maf sensors
smily faces and cheesy grins would be good

·
Registered
421 Posts
LOL.
Joined here before delivery of the car and began to think after reading the posts "What have I just bought???" Was so worried I went out and bought another machine (not Alfa) expecting a shed load of problems, but after 4000 miles, no problems so far. (It's now on 107k). Was so impressed bought another one.
I think you just need to remember this part of the forum is for tech issues and tips and I'm sure if you went to any other manufacturers forum you would find exactly the same experience.
As Zulu once said to me. "Just believe"
Occasional maintenance is also needed too.....

Go well....

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Just had a good weekend with/without my 166, Smaky did the belts & full service for me (I helped/tried not to get in the way on saturday).
Went back today to pick her up sounds and runs better than ever.
Smaky has to be the most patient person I have ever met, whereas to me it seemed the car was fighting him every way it could, tight bolts no access etc, things that would have got me swearing, he calmly carries on with his "been there done that" manner and gets the job done.
Apart from a small list of items that need attention I am as happy as a pig in **** :)
Thank you Smaky, was an entertaining and educational weekend, my daughter even learned somethings when she wasn't hiding from the cold?:rolleyes:

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
Thanks Danglies, but I do really need to get a compressor and air ratchets, then my wrists wouldn't hurt so much when getting at a V6s cams, :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts