Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All
I have a 2008 159 Ti 2.4 Diesel. Whilst putting the battery back in after a recharge, the small wire coming from the box with yellow circle on, broke. It’s way too short to repair so I’ll have to find a replacement positive terminal ie the whole thing. But I don’t know what the broken wire is supposed to feed. I thought it might fail to start but it starts fine. Any ideas?
See photo.
B0CE9B28-2671-43DB-B8C8-8FD1F159634B.jpeg

·
Registered
52 Posts
This seems to be some kind of a kill-switch in case of a crash or critical battery malfunction, like heavy overload.
Part number is 60668852.
Your car should run just fine without it, as it does not power anything during normal use.

P.S. Man, that is one dirty and corroded terminal box.. I would change the whole thing if mine was as nasty as this.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
And looking at that it needs a new battery To cause that much fur build up.

looks like a main fuse sort of thing to me if it wasn’t fitted I suspect the circuit between battery and alternator/starter would be broken.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This seems to be some kind of a kill-switch in case of a crash or critical battery malfunction, like heavy overload.
Part number is 60668852.
Your car should run just fine without it, as it does not power anything during normal use.

P.S. Man, that is one dirty and corroded terminal box.. I would change the whole thing if mine was as nasty as this.
Thanks - hadn’t thought about it being to stop the engine but yes I see what you mean.
Also yes it is pretty mucky - it is grease or Vaseline not corrosion. The previous owner must have broken the top off and then sprayed it all to stop corrosion. Battery is pretty new.
Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts