Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry to bore people with SELESPEED problems but i have a strange one!

Basically the car is stuck in N. Wont engage any gear. Get the selespeed prime noise.
I checked the transmission fluid when it died last night and it was at the right level (bout half way full)
This morning the transmission fluid is at the top so its as if its all been pumped back in the resovour.
Level doesnt go down.

AA put the diag on and no faults. Car stuck in N and wont move. Im Praying its something simple. Tried pressing hard on the brake pedel but no joy. No warning lights or selespeed errors.

anyone help??? PLEASSSE!

Also id imagine its going to have to go in a garage. can anyone recommend a good garage in the sheffield/doncaster/rotherham area??

thanks in advance

·
Registered
224 Posts
Could be any number of things then, does sound Selespeed related though (rather than other components which have an adverse affect on the Selespeed system). Have you got Alfadiag? Definately recommended as there are so many things that could be checked and would indicate what your failure is.
Have a read of the Selespeed info in the first post of the stickied thread of the same name.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i read through it earlyer. very helpfull... im just concerned about the transmission fluid being dumped back into the resovour. its nearly over flowwing

·
Registered
224 Posts
That's weird and something I haven't come across before. If it is nearly over flowing then I would say that pretty much all the fluid in the system is currently in the reservoir. There is only 600ml of fluid in the system!!

·
Registered
916 Posts
If the fluid has drained back into the reservoir and doesn't go down when either the drivers' door is opened or the ignition is switched on, then the pump is not working. Check the relay (large 50A located to the left of the battery) but suspect pump is faulty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts