Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys

Hope you can help.

I have a 2001 156 1.8 T-Spark, I was tarvelling along the other days at around 60mph and got a sudden partial loss of power and the engine management light came one.

After limping home I was advised by a mechanic friend that it was probably Spark Plugs or Coils as it was only running on 3 cylinders.

I have changed all 8 plugs and the same problem is still occuring, My big concern is that when changing the plugs 3 of them were soaked head to toe in engine oil, I am no mechanic but i presume this is what is making it misfire but my question is why would the plugs be covered in oil and will the fix be expensive.

I look forward to your thoughts

Cheers

·
Registered
224 Posts
At a guess a piston seal would have split allowing oil up into the combustion chamber.
Are you getting a lot of smoke out of the exhaust.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Step 1: Get the error codes read from the ECU

·
Registered
8 Posts
m8 had same problem, ended up having cambelt n head gasket plugs, coils, maf the lot, all changed and mine still isnt running right, complete nitemare, keeps misfirin, im awaitin on the results now from a recommended garage, but mine started from the exact same problem as urself, will inform u of wot the problem is once ive got it sortd, IF they can sort it lol!

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
m8 had same problem, ended up having cambelt n head gasket plugs, coils, maf the lot, all changed and mine still isnt running right, complete nitemare, keeps misfirin, im awaitin on the results now from a recommended garage, but mine started from the exact same problem as urself, will inform u of wot the problem is once ive got it sortd, IF they can sort it lol!
lambda failure lean misfire --cam sensor failure--fuel trimming

1 - 7 of 7 Posts