Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my W plate 146 Ti is seriously ill, when started it missfires an d pops back but you can slowly get it to rev around 3000 and runs smoothish but does sound as if running weak.
anyone know if the temp sender could cause this,or the camshaft phase sensor? as i have changed everything else multiecuscan shows no faults?.

·
Registered
10,607 Posts
Things you can check for free.
1/ try with Maf unplugged
2/ are spark plugs tight and in one piece
3/ spark plug wells full of oil
4/ pull ht leads off one at a time with the engine running and see if there is any change

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI, not tried unplugging maf, but fitted a brand new bosch unit and was still the same.
all spark plugs removed cleaned and inspected and appear good.
no oil in plug wells.
not tried pulling plug leads off but did fit a complete coil pack off my GTV and still same.
fitted 146 coil pack to GTV and GTV runs great.
changed complete injector assemble from GTV still the same , fitted 146 injector assembly to GTV and all running great.
fitted new Lambda prob to 146 still no improvement.
fitted new crank angle sender no improvement.
removed throttle body cleaned and replaced no improvement.
as you can see have tried almost everything i can think of so any ideas outside the box appeciated.
the other problem i have is car is stranded in central France so only able to work on it when i travel over.
Thanks ****.

·
Registered
10,607 Posts
Hi ****, and there was me thinking you didn't have a clue :paperbag:
I assume you have checked for splits and holes in the air intake.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
my 146 had symptoms like those a long time ago. still unsure what cured it. until all lack of power was gone, it had new center spark plugs, new cat and exhaust pipes, new thermostat, new air temp sensor, new cambelts and variator.

plugging in some diagnostic software would help a lot.

does the injector light flash? maybe a maf bad connection... it happened with mine recently...
ignition coils? ok, you tested those.
blocked air filter??? :paperbag:

·
Registered
10,607 Posts
****, I linked your question to the 145/146 forum,, 'bad timing' has been suggested.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, Thanks for reply when i fitted new maf and had throttle body off checked all hoses for splits and all ok, i removed air filter element and ran without it but no improvement, i also removed and cleaned the breather valve and checked it was working all seems good.
i will on my next trip over take my cam locks over and check valve timing , and will while i have cam wheels off change the cam phase sensor .
thanks again for your ideas and support all suggestions accepted ****.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi my W plate 146 Ti is seriously ill, when started it missfires an d pops back but you can slowly get it to rev around 3000 and runs smoothish but does sound as if running weak.
anyone know if the temp sender could cause this,or the camshaft phase sensor? as i have changed everything else multiecuscan shows no faults?.
Hi MICHAELARTHUR,

Have I got your car recorded on the 145 / 146 register?

I'm after the following details:

Number Title First Name Surname Reg. Number Model Variant Colour Modified (Yes or No)

If you have an e-mail address and a photograph of the car that would also be excellent.

Thank you.

Yours

1 - 8 of 8 Posts