Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just bought some Poor Boys gear so i spent most of the day trying it out! :D
After a pre soak and rinse i washed the car using 2 buckets and Super Slick & Suds Concentrated Shampoo which is wax friendly and pH neutral.

After doing the wheels with Bilberry and drying off i applied a coat of Dodo Juice Lime Prime Cleanser and buffed it off to prepare the body work for my next PB product.

Next i applied a coat of PB Black Hole Glaze which i found to be excellent. It went on and buffed off so easily! Its masked my swirls better than the other products ive tried and left the car looking ultra glossy. There was a few light scratches on the bonnet that were still visible but i wasnt expecting it to hide them.

When i 1st done the bonnet and front bumper with the Black Hole the contrast between the wing and front bumper was noticeable. Bumper was far shinier
After buffing off the Black Hole i applied a coat of PB Nattys Blue which is also designed for dark cars. It was also really easy to apply and buff off.
All products were applied by hand.
I'm intrigued by Machine Polishing i have to say!
Windows were done with AG Fast Glass, Tyres and all interior/extrior plastics treated with CG New Look Trim gel.
Autosol on the exhaust tips.
Engine bay was also done with the CG Gel.
Heres the finished article.

I have to say this stuff is great in every respect. Easy to use, great quailty and great price!
Thanks for looking!

S

·
0 Posts
Dude, that looks fantastic :thumbs:

One or two questions though? Where did you get the Poor Boys and the CG Gel from?

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Looks stunning - just one observation from the side shot....the mito seems to sit high on it's wheels, wonder how it would look after been lowered a few inches.

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Dude, that looks fantastic :thumbs:

One or two questions though? Where did you get the Poor Boys and the CG Gel from?
I got mine from North East detailing mate.
North East Detailing :: Zymol, Meguiars, DoDo Juice and Muc-off Car Care & Cleaning
Or here:Zaino - Show Car Polish
Or Here:News - Serious Performance
Or here:http://www.shinearama.co.uk/search.php?fmanu=PBY

Looks stunning - just one observation from the side shot....the mito seems to sit high on it's wheels, wonder how it would look after been lowered a few inches.
Tell me about it mate! Its something that bothers me but im not in position to do anything about it at the mo due to holiday coming up. It just shows that the one on the advert has been Photoshopped or something as its dropped right on the wheels and they look bigger.

Thanks for the comments guys!:)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Heres a few more pics..

After a day at the sahar....i mean work i got home and decided to try and remove the layer of dust with an MF cloth, a daunting task :lol: and give the bonnet a going over with the PB QD+ i bought with the other stuff. I have to say this stuff is awesome! Smells amazing goes on and buffs in and off with no problem! And the finish, i think the photos speak for themselves. Great if you wanna spruce up through the week. I found it much better than the Megs QD as it is much easier to remove and i used it in the sun. Wish i hadnt bothered with the Dodo Juice Red Mist now as i mistook its purpose. My bonnet feels super smooth and hasnt been clayed since i bought the car. Highly recommend it! :D
Check out that spectrum under the tree reflection!

I thought it was gonna start dripping on the floor today lol. Have to say i wish i could try this stuff with a machine rather than by hand. Ive never used one though but am defo intrigued! Watch this space!

S

·
0 Posts
Nice beading, dont worry about being sad fella!!! I take piccies as well :lol::lol:

I also orderd some of that PoorBoys and some CG Gel to give it a go because after looking at your car it looks good stuff :D

What does the stuff smell like?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice beading, dont worry about being sad fella!!! I take piccies as well :lol::lol:

I also orderd some of that PoorBoys and some CG Gel to give it a go because after looking at your car it looks good stuff :D

What does the stuff smell like?
CG gel has no odour whereas the Poorboys stuff smells amazing! Nattys Blue smells like Blue Bubblicious while apparently the white one smells like Ice cream and the REd one like strawberry. The QD+ smells lovely aswell:)

S

·
0 Posts
CG gel has no odour whereas the Poorboys stuff smells amazing! Nattys Blue smells like Blue Bubblicious while apparently the white one smells like Ice cream and the REd one like strawberry. The QD+ smells lovely aswell:)
I think people will start to think im on something as I keep smelling my car products :D

·
Registered
13,227 Posts
Aye! Nice tight beading soldier! Well done.

You'll find the beads get bigger as the stoof wears out, so it's a good way to tell when it needs doing again.

Ralf S.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts