Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
You'll probably enjoy driving it too when you've finished cleaning it! ;)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Superb job mate - wanna come and do mine (when I get it)???

ps is that solid black or etna???
Its solid black mate. There very hard to tell apart at a glance tbh. At an alfa meet mine and a friends were next to each othe, his was etna but you couldnt tell until you stated moving your head around abit closer :)

I agree i have a problem. :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Your car is really really realllyyyy shiny!!!! WOW!!
I don't think I'd ever have the patience to clean my car haha.........
(I barely even tidy my own room lol)

But then, who knows, I might end up washing my cash everyday :lol:

anywayz,, very nice pics!! Thx 4 sharing! ^^

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice location shots GIZTO, nice car too. Solid black the same as mine, I just can't get the weather to clean the damn thing, I picked her up last Wednesday and still haven't cleaned her, been up and down the motorway several times and mine is minging, this weekend it is having it I tell you, then some piccies :) and I'll finally be able to show you.....

take care,
J.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Gitzo - glad you said solid, thats what Im waiting on. Unfortunately living in sunny Scotland I could never get a shine like that, its bloody raining all the time.

Still the All Weather will be good for the snow

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
hav bought some of the stuff u used....specially the stuff for swirls...neva bought cleanin stuff for a car before...im obsessed...:cheese:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
superb as always gizto. Love the location shots too :)
Thanks! Its the Quayside in Newcastle!

Still only a Mito at the end of the day tho.
Oof, that was so low you hit my toe:rolleyes:

Thats a bit harsh:tut:
Agreed:)

Your car is really really realllyyyy shiny!!!! WOW!!
I don't think I'd ever have the patience to clean my car haha.........
(I barely even tidy my own room lol)

But then, who knows, I might end up washing my cash everyday :lol:

anywayz,, very nice pics!! Thx 4 sharing! ^^
Thanks and you will, its inevitable!:lol:

Gitzo - glad you said solid, thats what Im waiting on. Unfortunately living in sunny Scotland I could never get a shine like that, its bloody raining all the time.

Still the All Weather will be good for the snow
Dude, Newcastle is much the same :lol:

hav bought some of the stuff u used....specially the stuff for swirls...neva bought cleanin stuff for a car before...im obsessed...:cheese:
Go girl! What did you get & where did you get it from? Most important part is the washing before any of that stuff! Microfibre Mitt from tesco, £2.86 and 2 buckets. One for washing and one for rinsing and get some MF cloths.:thumbs:
I think its safe to say you have a 'cleaning' problem mate, there are programms out there that can help with that.

Sprayonmud

GK
I know i have a problem mate, check out the towels and pegs in the pic. Hee hee

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
GIZTO29 - where you you get all the cleaning, waxing kit from that you have bene mentioning on here? I live near Newcastle and from your pics, you are in this neck of the woods. any recommended retailers, plus what are your top recommended products - you seem to have tried them all! Do you rinse the car first then wash and rinse etc? I am not very good at keeping my current car clean and tidy but want to be better with the MiTo!:) Course I could drop it off for you and you can clean it - you seem to enjoy...............hee hee!

PS - like the towel photo!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GIZTO29 - where you you get all the cleaning, waxing kit from that you have bene mentioning on here? I live near Newcastle and from your pics, you are in this neck of the woods. any recommended retailers, plus what are your top recommended products - you seem to have tried them all! Do you rinse the car first then wash and rinse etc? I am not very good at keeping my current car clean and tidy but want to be better with the MiTo!:) Course I could drop it off for you and you can clean it - you seem to enjoy...............hee hee!

PS - like the towel photo!
Oooo a fellow goerdie with a MiTo (soon). Firstly theres a great store/detailer in Chester-Lee Street called North East Detailing. The guy who runs it, David is very helpfull and when you go he lets you look at and even try the various products which is great and way better than just ordering stuff off the web. Well....so far i have products from AutoGlym, Meguiars, Dodo Juice, Chemical Guys, Poorboys and ValetPro. All of them are great but theres a few that i'll never deviate from. ValetPro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner (awesome) and Chem Guys New Look Trim Gel for all plastics and tyres (awesome). These 2 products will last forever and are the best at what they do as far as im aware fro the price.
If you go into the Detailing section and read Squadron Rosso's sticky at the top of the page his washing regime is excellent and simple to follow.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-detailing/133724-srs-top-tips-gleaming-car-mainly-autoglym-products-updated-17-a.html
The washing part is potentially the most damaging to your lovely new car as i found out:mad:
Im guessing you havnt read the thread for the meet at NE Detailing in the North East section? Read both pages mate.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/north-east/173512-ne-detailing-chester-lee-street-open-day-meet.html
Its gonna be great!
I live in Denton Burn. If youre ever passing feel free to pop by on a sunday as i normally do the car then and you can have a look at the products and have a bit crack. Just PM me.:thumbs:
Where you getting the MiTo from? Its interesting that youre dropping a mini for one.:D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Oooo a fellow goerdie with a MiTo (soon). Firstly theres a great store/detailer in Chester-Lee Street called North East Detailing. The guy who runs it, David is very helpfull and when you go he lets you look at and even try the various products which is great and way better than just ordering stuff off the web. Well....so far i have products from AutoGlym, Meguiars, Dodo Juice, Chemical Guys, Poorboys and ValetPro. All of them are great but theres a few that i'll never deviate from. ValetPro Bilberry Wheel Cleaner (awesome) and Chem Guys New Look Trim Gel for all plastics and tyres (awesome). These 2 products will last forever and are the best at what they do as far as im aware fro the price.
If you go into the Detailing section and read Squadron Rosso's sticky at the top of the page his washing regime is excellent and simple to follow.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-detailing/133724-srs-top-tips-gleaming-car-mainly-autoglym-products-updated-17-a.html
The washing part is potentially the most damaging to your lovely new car as i found out:mad:
Im guessing you havnt read the thread for the meet at NE Detailing in the North East section? Read both pages mate.
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/north-east/173512-ne-detailing-chester-lee-street-open-day-meet.html
Its gonna be great!
I live in Denton Burn. If youre ever passing feel free to pop by on a sunday as i normally do the car then and you can have a look at the products and have a bit crack. Just PM me.:thumbs:
Where you getting the MiTo from? Its interesting that youre dropping a mini for one.:D

Yup a fellow Geordie (of the female variety! :cheese:)Thanks that's really helpful:thumbs: I'll have a read of those links ta!

Getting the MiTo from Benfield Motors (James) - been very lucky - only ordered it on 27 May and should have it in no more than 2 weeks - I am BEYOND excited!! Just worried I'll end up scratching it and leaving swirl marks like a few peeps have reported on here :eek:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yup a fellow Geordie (of the female variety! :cheese:)Thanks that's really helpful:thumbs: I'll have a read of those links ta!

Getting the MiTo from Benfield Motors (James) - been very lucky - only ordered it on 27 May and should have it in no more than 2 weeks - I am BEYOND excited!! Just worried I'll end up scratching it and leaving swirl marks like a few peeps have reported on here :eek:
Cool, i got mine from Jonathan, great lad he is! I went to the Church Mouse meet with him not long ago for abit crack. I knew less than you when i got the MiTo but started reading the detailing thread and was hooked! :)
Cleanyourcar.co.uk and Detailing World are bloody awesome sites and give great advice and inspiration!
http://www.nedetailing.co.uk/templates/default/index.php?page=view_home
Sales:http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/forum/index.php

Unfortunately i took mine to Tesco at Kingy Park after 1 week and they scratched it to death!:wow: Then i scratched it myself by using bad cleaning methods and even just by buffing wax off when i gust blew up the street! Total nightmare and swirling is just unavoidable imo. What model and colour you getting? Btw, halfords have 3 for 2 and have some good starting products such as Autoglym Super resin polish etc. Prepare to spend all of your money :lol:
Look forward to seeing your pics! Its great when they unveil it and theres a few nice little touches they do when you collect.:thumbs: How old are you btw if you dont mind me asking? Its interesting to get a cross section of the ages of buyers, theres even a thread on it here :lol:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Cool, i got mine from Jonathan, great lad he is! I went to the Church Mouse meet with him not long ago for abit crack. I knew less than you when i got the MiTo but started reading the detailing thread and was hooked! :)
Unfortunately i took mine to Tesco at Kingy Park after 1 week and they scratched it to death!:wow: Then i scratched it myself by using bad cleaning methods and even just by buffing wax off when i gust blew up the street! Total nightmare and swirling is just unavoidable imo. What model and colour you getting? Btw, halfords have 3 for 2 and have some good starting products such as Autoglym Super resin polish etc. Prepare to spend all of your money :lol:
Look forward to seeing your pics! Its great when they unveil it and theres a few nice little touches they do when you collect.:thumbs: How old are you btw if you dont mind me asking? Its interesting to get a cross section of the ages of buyers, theres even a thread on it here :lol:
:lol:The more I read on here - the more excited I get about getting the baby!!:cheese: And you have just added to that!

I know NOTHING about Alfas and nothing about detailing (as I now know it's called!:lol:) Certainly won't be as enthusiastic as you about it, but do want to keep it clean and do my best to avoid swirls! I'll certainly avoid K Park valetting! Car isn't coming with supaguard so want to get it protected as soon as I can:thumbs:

Will def go to the place in chester-le-st once I have the car.

Will put some pics up once I have it/her/him?:confused: Assuming I can figure it out!

I'm getting the 1.4 16v Veloce with parking sensors in Etna Black :cool:

Now did no one ever tell you never to ask a lady her age! :cheese: I'm (a young!) 39 fast approaching 40 :eek::wow: What about yourself?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts