Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So our little Ginger Ninja Sparkey had a rather large and nasty lump on his neck :(

We tried our best to get it to clear washed it poked it every thing we've done with all our other cats that like to fight and get the odd bite the turns nasty, but to no avail :(

The trip to the vet was not the best :rolleyes:

She couldn't pierce it or drain it, so then we find out he needs a general anesthetic and an operation to fix it :(

He's been done and now has a 3" drain in his neck a few shaved spots on his pelt anti inflamatories and antibiotics for the next 5 days any one that has ever tried to give a cat a pill will understand how much fun the next 5 days are going to be :cry:

and my wallet is now £130 lighter :(

Do I feel sorry for him ?

No :mad:

He's mewing his furry ginger little arze off cos he wants to go outside and we can't let him out, the next 5 days are forcast to be real hot and guess what :(

All the windows and doors are shut because he makes Houdindi look like an amature :(

Oh yes we have a great big floor mounted air con unit but guess what :mad:

He don't like it :rolleyes:

I might post tommora if I'm not just a pool of sweat with eye balls on the pillow in the morning :cry:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
£130 :eek:

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
We baught a pedigree Bengal when she was pregnant. Paid a silly figure but thought it was OK.... kittens go for £200+ each so we would make a few quid.

She had problems delivering the 1st kitten, ended up in vets with 6 stillborn kittens and a hysterectomy. I was lighter to the sum of £380 at the vets.

I was not a Happy Man

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm glad he's OK, but if he were mine he'd be learning to live with that aircon.

·
Registered
805 Posts
You need to defrost that freezer;), and buy another 2nd hand one just in case it fails to work after the defrost.
Ice pack in front of fan(plus something to catch the drips).

£130 is quite reasonable, in the scheme of vet prices:wow:

We paid about £2000 to sort a cat out that had been run over when it was a kitten.
It wasn't ours; but it was for the next 13 years, she was left with only 3 legs and a jaw held together with hope but she was well worth it, ginger too!

So I hope you and your ball of fluff cope with the heat ok HM.

I get the wife to fan me:);)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
You, HM, should have handed the cat to the BORED for assimilation :bored:

It seems to possess skills that would add to our collective more than HMDaddyGinger ever could :bored:

* post all the ":mad:" smileys you want, you only sound like Quinn with his cat threads/posts and we know he care(s/d) for his ;) *

·
Administrator
45,155 Posts
Funny you should say that Kurzon, all through HM's post I couldn't help thinking it was all very Quinn-esque.

·
Administrator
45,155 Posts
Can't be. He hasn't got enough hair to form the tin-tin quiff ;) :p

They must just be long-lost brothers.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
A couple of years back - Our cat was playing with a bit of cotton on the floor, sadly we didn't realise til too late that there was a needle attached to the end of it. We noticed only when we saw him swallow it!.......

Took him down to the vet, and there it was clear as day on the X-Ray sitting in his stomach.

options were to put him down straight away or have it surgically removed (apparently he could never have "passed" it without perforating his bowel hence the "put down" option.)

It cost me 800 quid to have the needle removed as he needed full surgery twice (once to remove the needle and once more during recovery after it was clear that it had punctured his stomach on the way down)

Eight. Hundred. Pounds. :rant:

He only cost 40 quid in the first place.

I always think of him as the "Alfa" of the pet world due to this episode.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,322 Posts
Tony, A few tips below to help you give the puss his pills - you have been warned.....

Cat ‘O Nine Pills.

How to give a cat a pill.

1. Pick up cat and cradle in left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cats mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat and repeat process.

3. Retrieve cat from bedroom and throw soggy pill away.

4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to rear of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call in spouse.

6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head with one hand whilst forcing wooden ruler in mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat’s throat.

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully remove shattered figurines and vases from hearth and place to one side.

8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9. Check label to make sure pill is not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply plaster to spouse’s forearm and remove blood from carpet with hot water and soap.

10. Retrieve cat from neighbours shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with a dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with an elastic band.

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check date of last tetanus jab. Throw T shirt away and fetch new one.

12. Ring fire brigade to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologise to neighbour who crashed car into fence whilst swerving to avoid cat. Get last pill.

13. Tie cat’s front and back paws tightly together with gardening twine and bind securely to leg of dining table. Find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by a huge piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour two pints of water down throat to wash pill down.

14. Get spouse to drive you to Accident and Emergency and sit quietly whilst doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes remnants of pill from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home. Order new table.

15. Arrange for RSPCA to collect cat and ring pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Oh how true that description is. We took one of our to let the vet have a go..... expert he said.

We ended up leaving him overnight and the vet said never again. After 10 minutes of stroking the cats throat to get him to swallow, he would cough up the tablet. Got an injection instead..... little sod.

Attachments

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can I borrow your air conditioner since you're not using it? :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts