Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this a case of can't get his own way?

He must be feeling the pressure to start having a pop this early in the season. Feels hard done by obviously in that he appears to have a rookie team mate that is turning in better performances than him.

Is this a case of jealousy or do you think he has a proper grievence in that the team are giving Hamilton all the attention? Or is it a case that as the reigning champion he wishes he was the no1 driver and hamilton should play second fiddle to him?

In my opinion he is a good driver (you don't win 2 on the trot like he did for doing nothing) but he appears to be just as arrogant as apparently schumacher was and would appear to be quite rude to his team mate and other drivers around him at the race end. When you see him waiting to go up to the podium he blanks Hamilton and the likes of Massa, where as Hamilton appears to have a good chat and a laugh with his rivals. Good on Hamilton I say to ruffle feathers in this manner, perhaps this is the return of the long forgotten gentleman racer (ala' graham hill and crew?).

Perhaps Alonso should stop making ridiculous mistakes or go overboard in his driving and dial back to his smooth consistant style he had over the past two years.

·
Administrator
45,303 Posts
I think I'd want to see actual quotes from Alonso, rather than this report which tells us what he said.
Looking at Ron Dennis' quote in that article, I would bet that Alonsos real comments were nowhere near as negative as they've been portrayed.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well thats the trouble with the press, you'll never know the exact words unless you were there at the time.

I think he's on a downer and has had words, which have in turn been blown out of proportion.

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Ronspeak..does exactly what it says on the press release:D :D

Observe Iberian mentality. If their heads go down..they can stay down. I think he's been seriously upset by Hamilton's speed. You used to see it in Sevvy Ballesteros and Carlos Sainz from time to time, and it took a bit to get them refocussed.

Alonso is necessarily quite political, and he is the new boy at Mclaren, so in a way its understandable, but basically i think he is talking borlocks and hasn't helped his own cause much. MClaren is a loyal team..look how long they hung on to Coulthard, but they want to see that loyalty reciprocated, which is not unreasonable. At the first glitch Alonso goes wailing to Mama. It will have been noted.

AlfaLincs

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
What I hadn't realised until this week is that both Massa and Hamilton are established in their teams with Alonso and Raikkonen effectively the team "rookies".

In that way while Hamilton and Massa gain race experience, Alonso and Raikkonen are gaining team experience.

I wonder which is more important? It took Rubens Barrichello a whole season before he was able to get on an equal footing with Jenson Button at Honda.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I agree :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts