Alfa Romeo Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
I replaced my Oxy Sensor and spark plugs yesterday and reset the fault code.

This morning I plugged my car into my laptop and noticed P0130 Lambda sensor fault again. I reset the fault code and started the motor. I set FES to graph the voltage on the sensor and after about a minute of running the voltage began to rise and fall which is correct, from what I read.

Here is a video of the readings: MobileMe Gallery

Is there anything else that could give that error code? Should I do the full ECU reset and get it to learn the settings again?

Discussion starter · #42 ·
After renewing the thermostat with the other updates my car is now transformed. My cars fuel economy has increased by 20-30% and the drivability has changed. Wow!!!

Hi Guys,

Last week I changed the thermostat on the car and while the intake was off I decided to clean the throttle body and MAF with carb cleaner.

I took the car for a test drive to test the thermostat and immediately noticed an improvement in response from the motor. But I have noticed a marked drop in mpg. I have worked it out at 20-25mpg on a run, but surprisingly a similar return through town.

Is there anything that could be contributing to poor mpg? One thing I didnt do after cleaning and changing the parts was reset the ECU. Should I have done a reset?

Any help please.

Jason
is carb cleaner ok for cleaning the maf?:confused:

Discussion starter · #45 ·
The last journey I made to Cardiff which was 70% motorway driving, I got 36mpg.

I think in my case, my lambda sensor was faulty as per FES but my car was not quite getting to temperature. So now my car gets to and hovers around the 80 degrees mark.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.