Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just purchased a beautiful 159 2.0jtd sportwagon a few weeks ago, mpg has been really poor - 38 on a good day, driving like miss daisy!!! Took it on a long run this week (on hols) - 350mls+ - only managing 41mpg!! ???. Does anyone else have this issue with the 2.0 engine??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

·
Registered
9 Posts
The MPG seems to be all over the place. Conflicting stories about what it actually gets is one of the hesitations I have about joining the Alfa owners! I can get 44mpg out of a 10 year old petrol Fiesta, so I'd like to hope I can get around that out of a 1.9 Diesel!

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
I don't get much more from my 2.0 sw. I avg low 40's with little city driving so I feel ur pain. On a run I get close to 45 but I do like to enjoy the torque that comes with the remap :) I think my mpg may be suffering from a suspected sooted inlet manifold.

·
Registered
112 Posts
2.0jtd here (Ti spec)

I average about 34mpg round town, and on a run i can get 50+mpg (usually at the mercy of the variable speed limits). On an open motorway more like 40mpg. I find my right foot is my biggest issue, combined with 19inch tyres.

Could be worse - the wife has a Mito QV with the TCT box and is lucky to see over 30mpg!!

·
Registered
38,457 Posts
My Giuletta with the same engine averages about 45mpg in general driving, with about 50mpg on a run providing I stay under 75mph

The 159 is a heavier car obviously so you can expect a bit less on that.

Certainly the official figures are very optimistic.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The MPG seems to be all over the place. Conflicting stories about what it actually gets is one of the hesitations I have about joining the Alfa owners! I can get 44mpg out of a 10 year old petrol Fiesta, so I'd like to hope I can get around that out of a 1.9 Diesel!
To be fair, the 1.9 Diesel is over 10 years old in terms of technology, and is also driving a car around 50% heavier than your Fiesta.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I find the mpg in the 40ish range great after my Shogun (30mpg at best, 15mpg if in a hurry)
Also lets face facts, you never look cooler than when driving one of these cars! :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts