Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was flicking through the latest issue of What Car in a newsagent as I noticed they had the reader team checking out the MiTo. Whilst perusing further to the complaints section there was a guy with a Mini Cooper S complaining that his alloys were bubbling and corroding. Mini said something along the lines that it was down to over exuberant cleaning :rolleyes: :lol: and refused to do anything. What Car got involved and suggested an independant engineer examined the wheels but Mini refused even when they were told they could appoint the engineer. Mini then suggested the wheels be returned to the factory to be checked but then withdrew the offer as they didn't want to "waste the customers time" :rolleyes: .

When the wife's Grande Punto suffered a similar problem the Fiat Area Rep came to our house to examine the car and approved a wheel refurb. When this wasn't done to my satisfaction they replaced all 4 alloys.

Not a good show by Mini IMO.

·
Registered
38,272 Posts
Mini's are very overrated.

I know a couple of people who build the things, and they have some tales to tell. :D

D

·
0 Posts
Get used to it. There was a rattlein the mothers one the dash had to be replaced nearly had to beg em to give us a courtsey car unlike the Alfa dealer we deal with always give us one. The mothers mini is a pile of dirt to drive and to be in. The plastics are cheaper than a 80's tv and it makes an awful sound to. And the steering is vague the pedals are crap the brakes are over servoed it's just plain crap. The ride is too bouncy, the gearbox is notchy the lights annoy me, the beeps annoy me it just plain annoys me. Pile of dog dirt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts