Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Poor colour match- misano blue

3K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Jimbon1973 
#1 ·
My veloce was reversed into whilst parked at a station last week, big scuff, paint off and some severe cracking of paint where the bumper had been pushed in.

Took it straight to body shop with impressive reputation and picked it up today.
It looks like they've not colour matched well at all. They resprayed part of the lower bumper- you can clearly see the difference between the lightness of that where it joins the front wing. Am i being too picky?

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
The bumpers or “fascias” are painted off-line and the paint contains more plasticiser on the fascia. As they are potentially sprayed at a different angle to the body some lighter metallic colours in particular don’t match when assembled to a body.

#13 ·
I only speak from the experience of working for an OE for over thirty years and being in factories where bumpers are stored in stillage ready to meet up with the car on the assembly line. Your experience is in the refinishing of cars. Different.

#15 ·
what are the other corners like? this was my point. I see cars all the time where things do not match and nobody takes any notice. then when something is painted its not acceptable. clearly what you have had done looks different, but does the other side look like this or is it a closer match? If the other is better then yes they need another look, and a different shade. personally I would not have let it go like this I'd have wanted a darker or dirtier shade, or maybe if it was a light colour primer it needs a couple more coats of base.

#16 ·
Hi Phil- interestingly it's the first thing he said when I took it back "let's look at the other bits where the plastic meets metal".
However, they're all 100% matched and he conceded the point that it wasn't acceptable.

I just struggled to work out if I was being over zealous about the whole thing, but most responses led me to think not. A shame, because the quality of work was superb, colour match not quite so good!

#17 ·
Hi Phil- interestingly it's the first thing he said when I took it back "let's look at the other bits where the plastic meets metal".

However, they're all 100% matched and he conceded the point that it wasn't acceptable.

I just struggled to work out if I was being over zealous about the whole thing, but most responses led me to think not. A shame, because the quality of work was superb, colour match not quite so good!
So they are re-doing it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.