Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having looked in my set of manuals, and Puravent's guide, I was set to change the pollen filter only to find that it is not where it should be. Not only that but the housing and any method of attaching the housing are not there (or the space to put one). The only other place it could be is in the cabin, if so, where is it? I'd appreciate it if anyone could let me into the secret.:)

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Don't know to be honest, regarding your models. Took some searching to find the duplex filters on our 147 Selespeed. Found them in the end, nowhere near where I imagined they would be.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well to be honest I have never met anyone who has found a pollen filter on a GTV. I have even checked inside the cabin and under the skuttle panel. The filter you get from parts is a long thin filter but no luck finding it on a GTV.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it not on top of the heater? Parts catalogue says it goes there...
Thanks, but no its not there. I've had both halves of the plastic trim off at the base of the windscreen. On the pasenger side there is an intake and the fan blades can be seen, however, the support for the wiper motor goes across it and there is no room for the filter and carrier. On the driver's side you can see a rectangular panel that must be cut out for left hookers to fit the filter, I suppose. Bit of a bugger as I've bought the filter!

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
The only way I was able to locate the 147's was to give a gratuity to a mechanic, who then kindly showed me it's location. By the time I asked for his advice ,I had removed the complete glove box assembly,plus other bits, giving a clear view of the passenger footwell, finally saw what he was pointing at! Replaced them once, then did it again two weeks later, to make sure I had it locked in memory. Oh, found the passenger airbag in the process! Dunno' what for!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
ZF, you can get EPER the fiat / Alfa parts list on DVD for about £3 from the usual suspects, if you haven't already got it. It can help, but is not a service manual. If you go for a sevice manual, it is the Elearn you need, the GT version is not out there yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts