Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to fit a new pollen filter on my 156 03 pre face lift.

Found the correct one on alfaworkshop. there is a choice between...

Genuine Alfa Romeo pollen filter at £22
or a
Magneti Marelli pollen filter at £13

I like the price but does Any one know about the quality etc of Magneti Marelli one? i doubt it will be naf due to it being sold through alfaworkshop but would it generally have a reduced life etc ?

any help would be great

M

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought the magneto marelli one... th eone that came out was the one-part original factory fit so anything is an improvement.
Just a quick thought... Alfa Romeo don't make air filters or oil filters the same way they don't grow the cows for their leather seats, or even stitch the leather themselves... it's a good bet that the Magneto marelli ones ARE the OEM ones in a different box with one middle man less to squeeze some profit..

·
Administrator
87,066 Posts
Advice. Don't buy 'original' (by which I mean something with a FIAT/Alfa badge on the box). The factory fit filters are made by UFI and can be bought from Opie Oils for a fraction of the cost. You can register for a members discount of you mention your username from here too....
From the thread I linked to above ;)

·
Administrator
87,066 Posts
It's ages since I set up my account so I can't really remember but hopefully the info below will work :)

You need to register to enter your username, more info here https://www.opieoils.co.uk/car-clubs.aspx

·
Administrator
87,066 Posts
Sign up for an account & use your username from AO for a discount, then add the filter to your shopping cart but don't order yet.
The next day I got an email asking why I hadn't proceeded with my order, a postage discount was also included in the email :thumbs:

PS not sure if the above still works but worth a try if you're not in a hurry.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just registered, seems i will only get discounts on larger orders.. but at £14 including postage cant really complain. will buy tomorrow and fit for the weekend end. (if the weather holds off)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've changed quite a few of these filters and yes you are upside down and very uncomfortable but count yourself lucky I've changed much worse ones....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts