1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Can you check they sold you the correct parts.
It should be 2x 46799653

Exactly the same for every dual-zone 156/147/GT.

One thought I had was that maybe someone previously replaced the filter and put a smaller single filter in by mistake.

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
I think the single piece is the original fitment but replacements are two part to make them easier to get in. Prepare to spend some time stood on your head in the footwell getting covered in old bugs and leaves.... :eek:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
What David C said. Certainly two piece in her 147, which I have had in and out, three times now. Tricky job for the likes of me too, I have to admit, being stiff of joint somewhat.:(:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
PR, it is the correct. I have done mine last year.

The one long piece is the factory fitment that once you pull it out you can never put it back. You will notice the entry is really small that's why there are 2 pieces. You just need to put them one by one.

??????????

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys. I will get them back and try and fit them on the weekend

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you check they sold you the correct parts.
It should be 2x 46799653

Exactly the same for every dual-zone 156/147/GT.

One thought I had was that maybe someone previously replaced the filter and put a smaller single filter in by mistake.
Yes thats the part number on the box. Thanks for your help DavidC

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello all,
Have just removed the pair of filters (46799653, micronAir) from my LHD 2004 156 SW. Judging from which side the assorted bugs and dirt were stacked up on, they appear to have been mounted the wrong way round as compared to the "AIR FLOW" arrows on each side of the filters. Does anyone know which way is the correct way round - should the arrows face towards the front of the car or the rear of the car? Does it matter?
Many thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
The arrows show the direction of the airflow.
Not sure which way that is on the dual-zone system, but it sounds like you can tell from the dirty side of your old filters.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello,
Answer to my own question, and also that of JR Racing

If you go to this site, which I've just found

micronAir | Welcome to micronAir

and select your vehicle you can then click on the fitting instructions, which are in diagram format. On my late model 156, the filters are under the dash on the passenger side - you remove the big protective panel, and then the 3 small screws (5.5 mm heads) retaining an L shape caliper - its very hard to spot first time, but it IS there! Take a deep breath and look again! There are two screws low down and one screw up out of reach...

On the earlier models with a single filter you go in from outside the car... but I've never done that.

Regarding the direction of air flow, for the twin filters set up the miconair diagram is in sufficient detail to indicate which way round they should go. Mine were definitely fitted the wrong way round (and this by an Alfa dealer......)

My remaining question, then, is does the direction really matter? (Mine seemed to be working just fine the wrong way round)

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
560 Posts
If the original unit is a single piece, why does the dealer sell it in two parts???
I wonder how they got the original piece in there in the first place...

Does anyone have a guide with pictures on how to change the pollen filter in 156 with a facelift interior??

I must say the pollen filter change on the pre-facelift seems to be easier.

M

·
0 Posts
Every year I do my service, the pollen filter replacement is the job that causes me to swear.......I'd happily change 10 oil filters on a V6 rather than 1 pollen filter:lol:

You just need to get under the dash with a good light source....you'll see what you need to do from there. I always struggle with getting the L shaped retaining bracket secured properly.....it takes me ages to get it to sit flush....then it just 'magically' slots into place:rolleyes:

·
Registered
162 Posts
strap a torch to your head,hold screwdriver in your teeth,move into the crab position and launch yourself up the passenger footwell as far as you will fit... then search for the rare L shaped bracket which is on the top left(as your on your back),struggle to get the screws out... then you will need assistance to be removed from the footwell in order to exchange old one piece for new two piece..... do reverse and done... easy... you may then need a hot bath and massage!!!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
PR, it is the correct. I have done mine last year.

The one long piece is the factory fitment that once you pull it out you can never put it back. You will notice the entry is really small that's why there are 2 pieces. You just need to put them one by one.

??????????
ABYSS, that's a great manual. I've finally able to find them! Thanks a lot.

·
Administrator
87,619 Posts
I got mine from Opie Oils.co.uk great service & price from them, highly recommended :thumbs:

Sign up for an account & use your username from AO for a discount, then add the filter to your shopping cart but don't order yet. The next day I got an email asking why I hadn't proceeded with my order, a postage discount was also included in the email :thumbs:

As already said the replacement contains 2 filters in the box.

View attachment 120598

Also here are the instruction Google Translate in English with no need to translate. Simple job to change them, the only problem I had was finding a 5.5mm socket.

Might be useful :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts