Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
87,073 Posts

Most akward part of the job is refitting the new filter. Do yourself a favour get a piece of timber cut to length to keep the clutch pedal fully pressed & out of the way, I propped it against the seat base rail.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
i can see why cruachan says the 159 is easier, it is!
got the panel off, was trying to do it with the foot rest in situ but i don't think i'll get the panel back on.
any idea how the foot rest is secured?

·
Registered
Giulietta 2.0 170 Veloce, 2013
60 Posts
No more difficult than a Grande Punto and that comes out from passenger side. Takes 10 minutes tops including hoovering up all the crap that falls out when removing the old one.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
well that was a bloody job. i've not got a clutch pedal so it must be even harder for those that have.
had to squeeze the filter together and wiggle it into the housing, wont be doing that again in a hurry. it wouldn't be so bad if the steering column wasn't right in the way, stopping the filter going in straight.
cheers for the help.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Pretty straight forward job to change it
Extremely cheap part and I change it at least once a year and sometime more often especially if eurocarparts run a good discount and you can buy it for peanuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Pretty straight forward job to change it
Extremely cheap part and I change it at least once a year and sometime more often especially if eurocarparts run a good discount and you can buy it for peanuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm, might just be my experience but when I was doing the rear brakes on my G (discs and pads) eurocarparts were offering 50% off for new customers, and even with that were still more expensive than shop4parts without the 10% forum discount. I got the pollen filter from eBay.

·
Registered
37,776 Posts
Euro car parts are a bit of a Joke. The prices go up and down depending on which discount they have running so that the overall price is always pretty much the same.

I have often found the same cheaper elsewhere as well. Ebay is good for branded stuff (All car Parts, Mr Auto etc), and another shout here for shop4parts. When I recently bought a clutch and flywheel for the Giulietta they were by the far the cheapest I could find.

·
Administrator
87,073 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts