Alfa Romeo Forum banner

121 - 140 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Worked in and visited Canada many times - great place and people.

Fraser - "The Welsh all [email protected] sheep, the Irish are thick and, well, we're all just mean drunks up here".

Your alienating yourself man :) My family are half Irish, half Welsh and I married a scots lass. So that makes me a drunken, thick, sheep [email protected]@er :eek: Thought I'd buried that part of my life :lol:

Classicgal93 - your good by me :cool: .

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
America has mostly been isolationist or imperial (using that term loosely here). They didn't come into WWII until their hand was forced and the rest of the time they throw their weight around - a lot of that in clandestine operations too. Sorry - their foreign policy over their short history stinks; they can't seem to get the balance right.

Having said that slagging them all because of this is just plain stupid.
Can we slag then off or not ? :mad:

I need to know see cos Ive got a lot of pent up angst I need to get rid of ! :rant:

Help me Fraser ;)

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
How about if we want to slag of a group or individuals we assign them a euphamism like say......'the fish' as in.... have you see what those feckin fish have been up to invading Iraq etc...

By their deeds you shall know them as it were ?

That way we're not really attacking the people, but their actions and behaviours which seems less confrontational ...and it fits in with the rules and allows everyone to get things of their chest....wadya say.

I really hate fish by the way

·
Premium Member
13,135 Posts
I've only ever met one Cockney. He was a complete d1ck, so, question.... Are all Londoners d1cks, or just the ones from the east end? Or, do they have to be born within the sound of Beau(?) Bells? Or those born within sight of the Elephant & Castle? Or, Is it that this guy was just a d1ck in his own right?

I think we have to remember we 'British' live on islands made up of 4 different countries. We have a reputation for not mixing well amongst ourselves and trying to bully anyone else who's daft enough to let us in. We used to subjugate most of the eastern world (until they'd had enough of us and kicked us out!) and a fair amount of the western. We're arrogant enough to think we're the world's greatest at most sports, even though we're actually [email protected], and most of our own continent hate the sight of us.

The moral of this story......

People in glass houses...

America didn't bully the UN, then go in to Iraq on their own!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I've known a few fish in my time I can tell you and most were OK. Obviously they knew nothing about football and had a prediliction for eels and pies with hot snot all over them, but it didn't make them bad people.

You know Frank you should try to be happier in your own skin. We fish are'nt all that bad and we've learnt a lot of lessons along the way, and that continent you mention wouldn't exist if it wasn't for fish like us. But if you don't like the tank you can always go and live in the sink ?

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Bow Bells, as in the Nursery Rhyme, 'Oranges and Lemons'- Bow, EastHam, West Ham, Poplar, Upton Park, The Greenjackets, City of London Regiment. Just for your information.:D:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Can we lay off the Canadians ? they've got enough problems of their own as No 667, neighbour of the beast, up to their arses in snow, and co-habiting with the French.

Ta

Sorry did I say French I meant fish

·
Registered
165 Posts
ZF said"Bow Bells, as in the Nursery Rhyme, 'Oranges and Lemons'- Bow, EastHam, West Ham, Poplar, Upton Park, The Greenjackets, City of London Regiment. Just for your information"

Just to point out a mistake most people make, to be a true cockney, you must be born within the sound of Bow Bells, the Bow Bells in question are the bells of St Mary le Bow in Cheapside, City of London,
nowhere near Bow in East London.

Mooney, nitpicker

·
Premium Member
77,068 Posts
I've only ever met one Cockney. He was a complete d1ck, so, question.... Are all Londoners d1cks?

I think we have to remember we 'British' live on islands made up of 4 different countries.

We're arrogant enough to think we're the world's greatest at most sports, even though we're actually [email protected], and most of our own continent hate the sight of us.
bit polemical here

All londoners are complete dicks apart from the ones who are not

There is no such thing as British - what you thought it was just changed (always been like that from top to bottom) - the only important thing to remember is the more money you have the more British you get.

I think most of us know when we are crap. The papers spread the arrogance bit, and when we have a beer before a match some get over excited - but it's not generic, systemic arrogance.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Time out. Or oot if you are Canadian. All our ancient ancestors are African. That's where Homo Sapiens (that's you that is) originated. If you came from somewhere else, then welcome to our planet.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Not a particular fan of Bedfordshire myself actually,in spite of having traced ancestors back to the early 1600's, who lived in Wilshampstead.
Luton had character, even in the times when 'I -were- a - lad', working in a hat factory as a 'pullboy'. It's lost it now though, for pretty obvious reasons. If ever you happen to have the misfortune to visit the place, you'll see why.:(:

V

·
0 Posts
Well, in the interests of irony, I'd say all English people are loutish, drunk and violent. The Welsh all [email protected] sheep, the irish are thick and, well, we're all just mean drunks up here. The French are smelly, the germans have no sense of humour whatsoever, the swiss are automatons, the arabs are uncivilised, the italians are thieving sods, the aussies can't wait to leave home and visit europe, the kiwis also [email protected] sheep, the dutch are potheads, the canadians are.....well I don't know what the canadians are, the belgians are bland, the chinese all look the same, all russians are corrupt................and so it goes on.

So, where do you fit in?
...I think that's all a bit rich coming from a Scot, Fraser...:rolleyes: GORBALS to you, Sir! :lol: ;)

121 - 140 of 187 Posts