Alfa Romeo Forum banner

101 - 120 of 187 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Still think Americans are a**holes though........
That kind of post is exactly why this thread was started, it's racist, judgemental, based on assumptions and simply not true.

The only way you can get away with this is by speaking from personal experience of some Americans you may have met, but you still can't generalise by including the rest of the millions of Americans in your statement.

wrinx

D

·
0 Posts
heck of a lot of wrangling going on on here lately, reason why me and Mark 147 dont come here much now......shame

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
heck of a lot of wrangling going on on here lately, reason why me and Mark 147 dont come here much now......shame

Yeah but, what about the other 99.99% posts about absolute b#llocks (whatever takes your fancy basically) or techie shenanigans??
:cheese:

Always an interesting array of topical (on and off), ranty and helpful posts with a major emphasis on being "nice".

Makes AO a pretty special place IMHO. :cool:

Come back dudes (you haven't made a weird pact have you???)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I like Americans, I've been there a lot and have always found them friendly helpful, funny and educated.
To abuse a whole nation because of their government would be a risky enterprise, I mean are ALL Zimbaweans complete and utter sh1te???
As things stand on the international front USA is getting a bad press and all the bandwagon jumpers will wave their Guardians and decry what is a rather fascinating and lovely country

·
Super Moderator
44,946 Posts

·
Super Moderator
60,043 Posts

well I still feel comfortable here :) why don't you two come back? it's still a fun place and I miss you guys. :)

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Many Americans have some very strange ideas. Especially the Christian right. There are many examples of their frankly mistifying policies, but not funding charities that promote the use of condoms in the worst AIDS-stricken areas of Africa is a good place to start. These people have an undue influence in American politics and got their little puppet 'dubya' into the whitehouse by very dubious means. Unfortunately the actions of these zealots has rubbed off on the rest of the country, including those who strongly oppose these idiots, to the extent where many people now confuse them with Americans in general. Nothing could be further from the trurh.

·
Super Moderator
60,043 Posts
I have many friends that are from the States, nice people all of them. Most don't appreciate being slagged (much like us), they are normal law abiding people who do their best and raise their families. The fringe group we all have in our countries always manage to be loud and obnoxious and ruin it for the rest of us. Like Friggertool just said nothing could be further from the truth.

my 2 cents :)

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Well, in the interests of irony, I'd say all English people are loutish, drunk and violent. The Welsh all [email protected] sheep, the irish are thick and, well, we're all just mean drunks up here. The French are smelly, the germans have no sense of humour whatsoever, the swiss are automatons, the arabs are uncivilised, the italians are thieving sods, the aussies can't wait to leave home and visit europe, the kiwis also [email protected] sheep, the dutch are potheads, the canadians are.....well I don't know what the canadians are, the belgians are bland, the chinese all look the same, all russians are corrupt................and so it goes on.

So, where do you fit in?

D

·
0 Posts
when i went on holiday to Florida i found americans on the whole very affable and well meaning, i hate generalised stereotypes. i found they are mostly charmed to meet Brits .......

D

·
0 Posts
indeed............... and they need to do better than giving us Bjork to forgive 'em ;)

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Well, in the interests of irony, I'd say all English people are loutish, drunk and violent. The Welsh all [email protected] sheep, the irish are thick and, well, we're all just mean drunks up here. The French are smelly, the germans have no sense of humour whatsoever, the swiss are automatons, the arabs are uncivilised, the italians are thieving sods, the aussies can't wait to leave home and visit europe, the kiwis also [email protected] sheep, the dutch are potheads, the canadians are.....well I don't know what the canadians are, the belgians are bland, the chinese all look the same, all russians are corrupt................and so it goes on.

So, where do you fit in?
Yep, Europe is a nice place to visit but I would not like to live there unless I was extremely rich.;)

A

·
0 Posts
the only racist comment there was the fact all chinese look the same!!! thats terrible, the rest is just humour.... difference.

·
Super Moderator
44,946 Posts
the canadians are.....well I don't know what the canadians are,

I think they're just famous for saying 'eh?', 'aboot' and being really nice ;)

·
Super Moderator
44,946 Posts
the only racist comment there was the fact all chinese look the same!!! thats terrible, the rest is just humour.... difference.
Your (lack of) logic is utterly incomprehensible. It's villainous to say that people look similar but it's perfectly OK to say they're all w*nkers? You can't say they all look the same but you can say they all think the same?
You actually need to think about the meaning of what you're saying - I can't believe that you have done so far.

I suppose at least you've made a step forward, you're right that claiming all Chinese people look the same is racist - although earlier you claimed it wasn't (if they don't look the same, then you're not referring to them, and therefore they have no right to be offended, remember?)
Now maybe you should consider why, in your opinion, saying they look the same is an insult, but saying they are all assholes is not?

101 - 120 of 187 Posts