Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
This sort of thing always makes me laugh... the last time I pulled up to my house it wasn't built inside a F--king tunnel :lol:

FFS these people need to be more concerned with more serious issues, surely!! :confused:

The bit on "congestion" made me laugh - seeing as most of this normally happens around 10pm - must be well busy during this new peak travel period!

Yet another waste of important police resources!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
They'd be better off policing the dartford tunnel approach and the a13 for utter spacktards that seem to frequent it on most days!

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Maybe I wil go for a complete "unsilenced" Ragazzon back section following the Group N pipe :D
I've had the Group N pipe on my old 147 twinny and my 145 QV, loud oh yes!! :)

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
:lol: Give those limp wristed lefty w--kers somethng to clear out their Adanoids with :lol:
Oh yes!! :lol:

Saying that though, my 147 twinny was straight through inc decated so with just one box and it made the GTA seem quiet :lol:

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Did anyone see the documentary about the Arab guys shipping their super cars over to London, then driving them at speed through the streets around knightsbridge, making some very loud noise, much to the annoyance of the local residents. What did the Police do....... Absolutely nothing. One officer actually said he liked the cultural differences they brought. The cars were amazing but could you imagine a group of us turning up and doing the same, we'd be pulled up and have the book thrown at us.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a pain in the arse! But it won't be stoping me :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Did anyone see the documentary about the Arab guys shipping their super cars over to London, then driving them at speed through the streets around knightsbridge, making some very loud noise, much to the annoyance of the local residents. What did the Police do....... Absolutely nothing. One officer actually said he liked the cultural differences they brought. The cars were amazing but could you imagine a group of us turning up and doing the same, we'd be pulled up and have the book thrown at us.

It's all about money, the moan'ers with money can say what they want and the arabs can do what they want but poor old Jonny common can't have f..k all if it upsets the money men.

I should take the Sud down there and drift it round the link, 5.7 V8 straight through exhaust should really give them something to moan about:tut:...to old for that now so will just :rant: on here:cheese:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Yeh --- well isn't that just typical of this country , gutless to stick up for ourselves unless really provoked . Not sure it's money though , more likely frightened of being accused as racist ?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Yeh --- well isn't that just typical of this country , gutless to stick up for ourselves unless really provoked . Not sure it's money though , more likely frightened of being accused as racist ?
I see it like this....living by the link is not cheap so you must have some pennys which in this country means people listen, the arabs have more money than the residents of Knightsbridge so get away with it, if there's one that makes me laugh, it's being a resident in Knightsbridge in the summer means you have no more influence than me in Downham all year round.:lol:

I don't think it's racist more a them and us type attitude but I do know a lot of black men, all with V8's, maybe they should go down, rev up and say....is its cus I's black

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
The guys were actually nice and just wanted to show off, as all young guys do and some girls too, particularly when they have the money to buy such beautiful cars, but I don't like the fact they were treated differently to the rest of us. These situations are the cause of divisions between races and creeds everywhere no matter the subject. This is how wars start, but the lessons sadly are never learnt.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
I love this quote :
about the congestion, about the speeds these racers are going at
Are they speeding or is there congestion...says it all about these wingers

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Thing is if you're going at speed your missing the point of a tunnel run, low gears all the way through :D

On top of this limehouse and the Blackwell and rotherhithe tunnels all have cameras on them anyway and west ferry normally has security or police turning up at some point so you're at the speed limit going through.

Hyde park underpass doesn't but you're straight into the traffic heading into this west end so are at crawl, as does the other one over the bridge from Waterloo.

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
Quite right Jon, it's all mostly 2nd gear.

Only tunnels I can think of that have congestion is those one way streets near London bridge which is caused by clubbers anyway!

·
Registered
642 Posts
There was a clamp down on them a few years ago but most of them are royal family in some way so there's not much that can be done to them. They behave in exactly the same way in their own countries though to be fair to them, many of their cars have a lot of speeding tickets but it's just pocket change as far as they're concerned.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts