Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Joey the wheels knew that Knuckles McGann wouldn't be happy. Why did the Alfa have to let go just as he was flooring it in 3rd down the slip road? They were almost on the Motorway, almost home and dry. He knew McGann would seek to make life difficult for him inside, but he consoled himself with that thought that if he could learn to live with creaking wishbones he could learn to be ultra careful at shower time. He should have listened to Fingers when he suggested a Jag. X-Types are so common, they'd have been more anonymous and that 4WD may've been useful too.....

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
I had not seen it either... And I was behind the scooby lol... Underbody protection and a good initial boxing in is the way forward !
I hope you weren't the one with one hand on the steering wheel and one hand on the police radio! Tut, tut. That's £60 and 3 points isn't it? Plus a £15 victim surcharge?

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I suppose any car is a good getaway car becuase its always seems to be the driver who lets themselves down by crashing the thing :lol: having more power etc just makes it easier for the crim to loose control

C

·
0 Posts
I was spotted by a CID office haveing a bit of a sideways moment round a roundabout a few years back, he chased after me trying to pull me over for a word. I had guessed that he may be CID being in a dark blue focus n all but I decided not to stop.

I ended up giving running off down a country lane having obeyed the speed limits up untill this point, left him for dead and hid down another lane. 30 secs later a very wound up focus tdci went speeding across the junction to the lane...

....30 mins later I recieved a phone call off my mum asking why the police were looking for me...

I ended up having a "chat" with said CID officer in front of my office. He was a little peeved but was also keen to find out if my car was a standard 156. - It was debadged at the time. He seemed am a little disapointed when I told him it was a standard 2.5.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If the diff did explode under persuit that would then leave a nice oil slick for the chasing cop car to spin off on, thus giving you time to open the door and leg it, maybe Alfa built this into the design with this in mind! that is if you don't run out of fuel first.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I was watching police camera action on itv4 last night and saw a 156 in red being used to get away from the chasing police. Couldn't quite tell if it was a gta but think it was.

Funny enough, it burst into flames at the end of the chase!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Remember that from seeing the clip a few years back if memory serves me correctly think it was a 156 SP1 / veloce

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Think it smacked a few speed bumps, I remember seeing sparks flying. Or maybe the unlucky owner had fitted GTA suspension (and before I'm shot down, I know it won't fit) lol
Alan

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I think you might be right 156gtasw.

I would love to find footage but have no pc with internet access currently. I'm sure it must be on the itv player or YouTube tho!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I can´t imagine the police fitting Q2, better suspensions, upgraded brakes,.....to convert the GTA to a good car.

Without these mods would be better race with a Corsa :lol:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Someone thought my car was a 2l with a bodykit on it when i first got it so if thats anything to go by i think it probably would blend in :lol:
Some guys at a cafe thought mine also was a 2l with the facelifted front :D
Really funny listening to people guess, there is always one guy confident that they are 100% correct.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts