Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Gta's even been used as a gateway car or involved in a pursuit that you know about? Just been watching roadwars and it crossed my mind that the Gta would make a pretty good car to give the police the run around! (not that I'm that way inclined I'd like to add)

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
probably too rare to be involved in such a situation, i thought i saw undercover feds come back round after me and i floored it for one reason or another, they never caught up.

·
Registered
723 Posts
that is a strange question :lol: yesthe GTA has alot of straight line speed but surely a getaway car must be quick but also inconspicuous so can blend in wiv ova cars on the road the GTA just wudnt imo.

however, on a different tangent i do chase police cars that are speeding and are not responding to an emergency. on a few roads near me ive been above the speed limit and tucked jus behind them. never been pulled doing that either

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I am sure mine would blend in ok being black - subtle changes over a standard 156 go missed by most.

Are the banks open or closed today!? :D

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I am sure mine would blend in ok being black - subtle changes over a standard 156 go missed by most.

Are the banks open or closed today!? :D
I think yours would be noticed:thumbs:

On a serious note, There is chap down here in South Africa with a 3.7 GTA that has immense power. ( It runs 102 octane fuel ) He was chased by the cops, but they never caught him:thumbs:

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
I think yours would be noticed:thumbs:

On a serious note, There is chap down here in South Africa with a 3.7 GTA that has immense power. ( It runs 102 octane fuel ) He was chased by the cops, but they never caught him:thumbs:
You no huv ony auld cops in SA then.

Pomeo

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
On town roads with potholes & speedhumps it would be came over for any GTA / 3.2GT:lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have chased a 147 GTA in a 2.8 V6 turbo Vectra...was dusted, but then we do need to at least slow for junctions and red ATS........:eek:

·
Registered
235 Posts
that is a strange question :lol: yesthe GTA has alot of straight line speed but surely a getaway car must be quick but also inconspicuous so can blend in wiv ova cars on the road the GTA just wudnt imo.
I don't know - it's obvious to enthusiasts that it's a GTA, but probably not to your average passer-by. Especially given that a good few standard 156s have big spoilers etc. I'd mention a particular sports saloon that is also very similar to the stock model, but mentioning that brand doesn't seem to go down well here.

Actually, my dad's 2.0 156 was used in a armoured truck robbery a couple of years ago. Not by him, it was stolen.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Someone thought my car was a 2l with a bodykit on it when i first got it so if thats anything to go by i think it probably would blend in :lol:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
I was joking slightly.

I was chatting to a car buff that's a happy Vospers (non Alfa) customer recently so recounted the tale about lj's 147GTA from Vospers and his diff. failure as it was fresh in my mind.

Imagine the retribution from your fellow ne'erdowells if it broke down?

I think picking a specific vehicle is the stuff of films and TV dramas. Some constabularies don't chase motorcycles do they, how many raids have been on motorcycles? Given modern communications and helicopters would a specific model of car make that much difference?

Wouldn't you just use what the police use? Imprezas, R32s, Focus STs etc?

You'd have to make enough on the job to cover the fuel costs with a 156GTA.

'Yeah fingers, we've made a loss on this job as we had to fill up the GTA with the proceeds'

·
Registered
162 Posts
It don't matter what car you pursue in, you still need to abide by the rules..cos its your licence...the bad boys in the corsa don't! Lol

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Knuckles McGann was not happy about spending Xmas inside, he was looking forward to spending it with the wife and kids. It would be a long while before he would forget what Joey 'the wheels' Jones said about the cloverleaf stickers bringing good luck to their latest and greatest heist...

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had not seen it either... And I was behind the scooby lol... Underbody protection and a good initial boxing in is the way forward !

1 - 20 of 37 Posts